• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ANNOUNCEMENT: 2012 SoCalXJ.com 13th Annual Jamboree this April - SAVE THE DATE

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
party1:

SAVE THE DATE! Mark your calendar for the jambo!

DATE: Friday April 13th – Sunday April 15th, 2012.

More info will eventually be posted here, the website, the forum, and cross posted on NAXJA:
http://www.socalxj.com/article-19--0-0.html

No, you don't need to be a SoCalXJ.com forum member to come.

For now, enjoy some fond memories of years past:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ilWe16_2s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEoQ_jWd-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3kqN7QPS4

:cheers:

Last edited:
Where has this been in the past?

12th in 2011: Superstition
11th in 2010: Truckhaven
10th in 2009: Johnson Valley
9th in 2008: Truckhaven
8th in 2007: Johnson Valley
7th in 2006: Don't know off hand, have records at home. JV maybe.
6th in 2005: Stoddard Valley (some runs were in Calico)
5th in 2004: Stoddard Valley (some runs were in Calico)
4th in 2003: Truckhaven
3rd in 2002: Calico
2nd in 2001: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation
1st in 2000: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation

As far as the 13th goes, possibly: Big Bear (yeah, we know), Stoddard, Truckhaven, Superstition, JV. :D.

make it Tuesday and Wednesday! or if its close enough to work ill stop by for a bit!

No, and no. It's far enough away, put in for some time off, switch a shift, and go wheeling/camping with the rest of us for a change. Yes, yes, I know tips, money, yadda yadda.

:doh:

12th in 2011: Superstition
11th in 2010: Truckhaven
10th in 2009: Johnson Valley
9th in 2008: Truckhaven
8th in 2007: Johnson Valley
7th in 2006: Don't know off hand, have records at home. JV maybe.
6th in 2005: Stoddard Valley (some runs were in Calico)
5th in 2004: Stoddard Valley (some runs were in Calico)
4th in 2003: Truckhaven
3rd in 2002: Calico
2nd in 2001: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation
1st in 2000: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation

As far as the 13th goes, possibly: Big Bear (yeah, we know), Stoddard, Truckhaven, Superstition, JV. :D.

Too bad LCIR isn't still available.....

Pending on where this is, sounds like a plan. Only 2wd right now. Unless someone wants to donate a gear swap to me (=

I miss LCIR, too. Edit: I got to wheel there (legally) about a year ago. I was a lot of fun, but sadly, that window of opportunity has closed.

Me on El Hill many years ago:

pete_rolled.jpg

Late 2010 and early 2011 I was able to wheel LCIR 3 times. The trails were overgrown, but we explored and cleared Quiet Road, Dangerous Road, Left Turn Hill, Creek Road, Hot Dog Hill, Bronco Hill, Up/Down Hill and numerous other trails....before access was revoked.

The picture below was taken part way down Dangerous Road.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
ive missed the last 2-3 SocalXJ events so I HAVE to make sure I come. I just hope the wife recovers by then

So what's the deal with LCIR anyway? They let you guys in for awhile there and there were rumors of it opening again...?

Haven't been to a SoCalXJ shindig since 2003, mainly because Rawbrown smells funny.

LOL. Quit sniffing Ryan's thumb, Geoff. And Cracker... yeah.

FYI, for those of you that are confused, this is the annual Jambo for SoCalXJ, another closely related XJ group, which is separate and different than the NAXJA SoCalFest that has usually been in Big Bear but can't be this year. There are a lot of folks that are in both groups, but SoCalXJ is a Yahoo Group format, not an organized forum like this.

Everyone's welcome (Go to both!! I will be!). There may or may not be a potluck dinner at the SCXJ Jambo, and there will not be a raffle, as opposed to the NAXJA SoCal Fest which will have an optional arranged paid dinner on Saturday night, and a raffle.

LOL. Quit sniffing Ryan's thumb, Geoff. And Cracker... yeah.

FYI, for those of you that are confused, this is the annual Jambo for SoCalXJ, another closely related XJ group, which is separate and different than the NAXJA SoCalFest that has usually been in Big Bear but can't be this year. There are a lot of folks that are in both groups, but SoCalXJ is a Yahoo Group format, not an organized forum like this.

Everyone's welcome (Go to both!! I will be!). There may or may not be a potluck dinner at the SCXJ Jambo, and there will not be a raffle, as opposed to the NAXJA SoCal Fest which will have an optional arranged paid dinner on Saturday night, and a raffle.

The first and last of these I was able to make was at JV in ’07. I met a ton of neat people (Carol, Wallace, MikeG, I believe Kevin, and many others that are there, somewhere, in the alcohol-hazed memory banks). I had my Jeep, but it wasn’t lifted yet, and I had put a great big Pep Boys cargo bag on the roof. Haha, good times... :D

Back