• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The MJ is totaled :(

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My son slid off a icy road tonight and into a creek and slow rolled it on its lid then proceeded to let the engine run while it was upside down so thats probably shot too.

He is okay, most likely it can't be fixed.

Jeeps can be fixed or replaced.

Glad he's all right.

Aw man, that sucks. Like Jeff said, the jeep can be replaced, The boy can't.

Well crap... Glad the kids alright.
We got no snow up here......

Aw man, that sucks. Like Jeff said, the jeep can be replaced, The boy can't.

I agree.

If I can make it streetable he will drive it but I'm afraid there will be so much body damage that it will be depressing. I think the recovery will do more damage than the accident. I plan on being at the scene tomorrow with my trail rig to help if needed winching and reduce damage as much as I can. It would be sweet if I had some air bags to help get it rolling back on its wheels

The recovery alone will cost $500 or more

Well crap... Glad the kids alright.
We got no snow up here......

We got eight inches or so. When he left to go to his friends house the roads were just wet but within a few minutes they flash froze and became very slick. He was descending a hill slowly but locked the brakes and went into a skid and off the road

It just sucks but it could be worse

My son slid off a icy road tonight and into a creek and slow rolled it on its lid then proceeded to let the engine run while it was upside down so thats probably shot too.

He is okay, most likely it can't be fixed.

Sorry to hear about the jeep John, but glad your son is ok. A lot of friends have been sending pictures of the snow over there and it looked like a good storm. Good luck rebuilding.

Sorry to hear about the jeep John, but glad your son is ok. A lot of friends have been sending pictures of the snow over there and it looked like a good storm. Good luck rebuilding.

Thanks! Its been a long time since I've heard from you, how is things going?

This one is going to get sold as a parts vehicle. I just don't have time to fix it. Or the heart for that matter.

I think it will still be able to be driven but its going to have a lot of bent panels. He is going to have to do without a car for the next 7 months before he goes into the NAVY.

You break it, you fix it! Glad the boy is A-okay!

Three recovery companies have turned it down, I have one coming with a big rig crane to get it out.

0220120743.jpg

Chop top MJ time?

Three recovery companies have turned it down, I have one coming with a big rig crane to get it out.

0220120743.jpg

Ask anyone who was at the crawl in 2010, it took three winches and a few hours to.extract one from a similar situation...... The hardest part is getting it upright without damage.... Best of luck

It must be at a worse angle than it looks. Seems like it would roll over on to the wheels easily towards the creek then winch it up the hill...

I'll bet that's a rather steep slope as well, look at the elevation change from the header to the door. And we don't know what's on the other side, could be stumps, rocks, etc. But, yeah, get it on it's wheels and then winch it up.

Thanks! Its been a long time since I've heard from you, how is things going?

This one is going to get sold as a parts vehicle. I just don't have time to fix it. Or the heart for that matter.

I think it will still be able to be driven but its going to have a lot of bent panels. He is going to have to do without a car for the next 7 months before he goes into the NAVY.

Ya it has been awhile. We moved back to Washington State about 1.5 years ago. I sold my XJ that I had over there and bought an 89 MJ and a 98 XJ over here. We really miss the slower small town VA lifestyle. We are tempted to move back quite often as we still have our house in Bedford.
I really liked your MJ, it looked the way I would like to get one to for my daily driver.

Did the towing company demolish it or was it pretty bad anyways?

Back