• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project family sleeper

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
So, while all of you were out "wheeling" :cool: and having a good ole' time...
i was working away on my next project. this will be what im sleeping in durring NWFest. so im in a PUSH. thaught id share. sleeping arangements are alwase a hot topic here in the NWC.

my plans were for a 10' or so sleeper, queen size bed for me and the GF. bunk to sleep at least 2 kids or 1 adult. less than 2000Lb and around 200lb hitch weight. small enough to pull literally Anywhere. with the family inside.after last years NWFest feasko, and then having it one up'd by the happenings of the thanksgiving run. this is a must for this years camping sesion.

heres what i got so far.

i had ben collecting parts for some time D/T my plans. I build/repair R.V's for a living at the factory. so this is right up my ally.

some parts.
S7307056.jpg

i started with one of these.
S7307052.jpg

then took it down to this.
S7307053.jpg

it drug a$$ all over the place and would not have been able to make it up even the lightest of trails at its current height. So i did this to bring it up level with the jeep.
S7307054.jpg

i drew up prints and thaught of floor plan ideas for a long time befor i took the plunge on building some walls, and picking a overall floor length. this is what i cam up with. your looking at the back side of the fiberglass wall panels befor wireing and inso.(tomorow) it will be whight fiberglss on the outside"Filon". with a diamondplate skirting.
S7307055.jpg

the floor is 5/8 toung and grove. its all layed out under my walls. ill cover the bottom of it with a self sealing cloth like material "darco" and then it will be flipped onto the frame. linoleum throughout. walls can be stood up shortly there after. cabs are already drawn out.

ill post some more as i go to help visulaize. thaught id start now befor i lost alot of it along the way.

More to follow between now and NWFest.like i said. me and the fam will be living in this come then.

Bronze.

John I think your going to get a few pm's. Just so happen this came up a few times around the camp fire this last trip. There were a few members talking about making there own small lifted trail camp trailers.

Dave

I like! I will definately be watching this progress!

Pshh.. what a waist of time, It's so much easier to just go buy a brand new Diesel pusher..:fuse:

I think he works for Forest River so I don't think it's going to turn out like something I would make.

Dave

what are you trying to say here dave. :explosion

Pshh.. what a waist of time, It's so much easier to just go buy a brand new Diesel pusher..:fuse:

i wana wach you wheel it like the zj.:spin1:

Bronze.

John that is sweet!

I've been thinking about building a teardrop trailer for myself for a while now.
anyone who thinks this is cool and has time to kill check out this forum

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/

they even have an offroad dedicated section

progress report.

Today i got the floor all layed out. wheel well openings cut, framed in. floor is darco wraped and the wheel tubs are installed.
floor layed out bottom up. i had to frame the wheel wells d/t raising the frame. later pics will show more.
S7307067.jpg

close up of the tub.
S7307068.jpg

Darco wrap all done.
S7307069.jpg

and the wheel tubs all installed.
S7307070.jpg

im ready to flip the floor over tomorow and set walls :yelclap:. then it will be off to wireing and insulation. i can finaly start to see headway.

Bronze.

what are you trying to say here dave. :explosion

i wana wach you wheel it like the zj.:spin1:

Bronze.

Sorry I may have worded it wrong, It will turn out good. If I were to even try to take on a project like that it would turn out like crap.

Dave

Last edited:
Also why do they use that funny black stuff on the bottom? Both Forest River trailers I owned had that stuff and both were ripped and frayed bad by the wheel tubs.

Dave

Alright MAJOR progress the last 2 days i busted my rump the last couple days.started at 6 thismorning. looking at the calender and realizing its all on me to have everything ready in time.

got there. had to bust the walls off to glue the floor and lay lino.
S7307071.jpg

Ready for lino
S7307074.jpg

if you ever buy your own lino. do your feet a favor and spend the mony for the thick foam backer stuff. its worth it on a cold morning.
S7307076.jpg

Lino Down.
S7307082.jpg

first roof section up. framed in for A/C Ready!
S7307085.jpg

Joshuas Diggn it already.
S7307087.jpg

Section #2 Up, panneled, and wired.
S7307097.jpg

Veiw from my future bed.
S7307091.jpg

And how i left it till monday
S7307101.jpg

I got so far today that i am at a stand still. i forgot to grab raduis blocks for the window cutouts, inso for the walls, and more pannel stapels. Looks like the Heep will finaly make it into the shop tomrow for its NWFest Prep.

And Now.... Chezeburgers MMMMMMM

Bromze.

Back