NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old December 2nd, 2010, 14:56
NAXJA Forum User

Electric Door Lock\Windows - Did the "window lockout bypass" mod

Hey all,

Before I get flamed, please let me explain. First off I have a new 99 Jeep 4dr Cherokee Sport and I did do the window lockout bypass mod.

I am able to roll the windows down from the Drivers Side and not the other 3drs. I searched and did the "window lockout bypass" paper clip mod and presto, the windows work correctly for each door.

I have also tried a new switch and it fixed the windows.

However....

The door locks do not work from the driver or the passenger side. I am thinking that the wiring may be bad. I checked the fuse under the pass kick panel and it appears to be good.

Guessing I need to look at the wiring now? According to the manual, it looks like the yellow wire is the door lock wire, can anyone confirm this?

Thank you in advance,
Josh
Old December 2nd, 2010, 16:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Electric Door Lock\Windows - Did the "window lockout bypass" mod

Sorry, I don't have personal experience with this.... But it sounds like you are on the right track. It probably is a broken wire. Broken wires are common where they go thru the rubber boot between the body and door. Good liuck.