• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Take apart a Jeep AND rebuilt it in under 4 min.

I'd like to see them do that on an XJ with Torx bits, inverse Torx bits, rusted bolts, emergency brake cables, brake lines, shock absorbers, a dashboard and steering column to remove, a unibody, a much heavier drivetrain, an exhaust system that can't be removed with the engine, electronics, etc...

still pretty amazing, but definitely orchestrated to the max and probably even pre-prepared for the event, I'd be surprised if there was a single cotter pin on that rig or if every fastener was fully tightened and hadn't been checked beforehand.

Not quite sure how that engine was being cooled--note the absence of coolant?

Definitely a radiator there. I'm guessing quick disconnects on the water lines.

definitely staged (the tub wasn't bolted back down) but still cool

Of course it was staged lol, it's a group of people in uniform doing a performance. It wasn't like a group of guys cruising in their jeep and something broke and they suddenly in the middle of the road tore it down and rebuilt it spontaneously.

And gas tank, and brake lines, and.... I dunno. Gonna look some more.

That's the impression I got from this, there is either a lot removed from the jeep at the start or many things have been modified to make removal faster/easier.

I think its pretty obvious that some things are missing--frame to tub bolts, etc.

With my bad hearing I can't even tell if it is actually a running internal combustion engine or a wind up toy.

At first I thought it might be an electric motor and battery but I think I hear the motor while it's backing up.

Don't think there are brakes since there is always somebody holding on to it (or chocking it with a foot) when its on its wheels.

Speed bump at 10mph would take it apart even faster I bet.

Well, I will give them AAA+ for style points no matter what the tech is.

I agree, it was a great show. Just must do it quite often given the way it pops apart. I also liked the pipes used to lift the engine and transmission that stow on the frame and the purpose built jackstands and pivot points on the frame.

By the way, did anyone see a battery or battery cables anywhere for the starter? Perhaps it was just mounted to the engine assembly.

Back