• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake run Aug 6-8

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Always a great trip. This will be the 15th annual Swamp Lake run. Swamp Lake Trail is 14 miles long and is easy to moderate rock crawling and great scenery. Leave Dinkey Creek at 8:30 Fri morning, run the trail in to Grouse Lake, camp next to the lake Fri night and Sat night, drive out and finish the trail on Sunday. We'll camp at Dinkey Creek Thurs night, which is about 15 minutes from Shaver Lake, which is east of Fresno. No camping or other costs for the trip. We camp at Grouse Lake which is about 9200' elevation.

This has been the Sierra Fest trip for the last few years, but it's been an annual trip for some of us for a long time so we'll still do it. Equipment is at least 31" tires and a locker, with rock rails highly recommended.

I added this to the Run's calender Here!

Swamp is always a good trip:
Almost5.jpg

Andy.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

how long is the drive from sacto to dinkey creek?

not sure, going to vegas the weekend of 24th of july with the gf and brothers and their gfs etc...
i think its far enough after that i should be able to get work off, i hope...
im totally down for the rubicon in sept

oh crap is that the weekend of seirra fest?
damn, maybe ill go like thurs/fri to seirra fest

this might the first run i can say i might actually be able to attend, would a tag along truck be ok?

Anyone is welcome to join this run, as long as they have at least 31" tires and one locker. We hope everyone's vehicle is in good condition, since we'd rather wheel and enjoy the trail and get to the lake in a reasonable time. However, it's always possible for problems and break downs, which we will happily deal with, we'd just hope that they are incidental and not probable.

i should be able to go. i cant wait to hit up some of those trails in the shaver lake area

I just checked my on call list and I'm off the entire month of August!!! I think I will take a week off and head up there early and then stay late. what direction are you running swamp? And I hope the snow has melted by then>

A few of us have stayed late or gone early many times. Last year Jes and I went to Brewer Lake for a few days afterward, and did some nice hiking. Haven't decided which way to run it yet.

I'm hoping the snow is melted by then, which is why I figured Aug and not July.

I'm in! Hopefully I'll get a chance to take the new lockers and gears for a test run at Hollister before this trip, but if not... what better way to break them in?

I'm really looking forward to getting out of town and having a little "me" time. I can't think of a better way to spend it. Are there plans for any group meals, or is it strictly BYOF and B? I've got some connections in the meat business...

Back