• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

North Georgia camping /trail ride

rockcrusher

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning a weekend camping trip to Helen area. Going to be doing some light wheeling like Tray Mt., Wildcat creek, warwoman WMA . I've posted it on cherokeetalk.com , gatrailriders.com , and xjtalk.com and now posting on here. Not sure what weekend we are going, but I will be taking a friday off and leave around lunch time depending on how many people want to go will depend on where we stay. I would like to stay a sleep hollow camp ground its $20 a night and they have showerrs and bath rooms, pond and no people in the back where I stay. We can fit more people there and I can reserve the site unlike staying at on of the wma and the are $10 a night. Let me know. I believe that it will be next month June. I will post a date asap
thanks

Might be able to get away; Maybe I can confirm in another week. Just put the lift kit in my son-in-law's XJ, so he'd probably want to come out too. What part of Georgia are you in?

im between athens and atlanta in Loganville. the dates will be June 4,5,6I just got aproved for the time off.
The paln is to stay at Sleepyhollow campground, that way we can fish and be left alone.

Okay, I'm in. I'll need to work a half day and head up there from Alpharetta. Should get up there mid-afternoon.

Still waiting for confirmation from my son in laws, so maybe a total of 3 bodies/three XJs.

Week and a half before we go!!!! Dose anybody need directions. I'll be leaving around 10 a.m on the 4th, I should be pulling in to Helen around 12:00- 12:45. dose anyone want to meet in Helen or dose everyone just want to meet at the camp site. I know this is still a week out I just want to make sure that we hold enough camp sites. So if everyone that going can list your name and how many people are coming with you.

Thanks
Shawn

check out a group called XperienceJeep .. do a search online.. they do camping/excursions with nothing hardcore.. and they are ga based..

Mark

I'm still in - Others had a prior commitment (a wedding, of all things!), and I may have someone join us on Saturday, but not guaranteed at this point.

I will have to come up from work about mid-afternoon, so I can hook up with everyone at the campsite.

Are you still planning on Wildcat Creek? If I recall there are two campsites there - any preference on which we will be using? I've not been up there in a very long time.

check out a group called XperienceJeep .. do a search online.. they do camping/excursions with nothing hardcore.. and they are ga based..

Mark

http://xperiencejeep.ning.com/

Is this their site? Thought it might be worth checking out. If so, it has to be one of the most exasperating sites I've ever seen. No information, no contact, no useful content without having to establish an account with them and log in. Wouldn't be so bad if the username didn't have to be an email address.....

Yeah Pathfinder.. they are on FB as well.
log in and they have about 50 members.. its free.. i never road with them they do mostly fireroads and dirt trails.. most of them are stock or with mild lifts..

Mark

Back