• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gray Rock ORV Birmingham AL May 14-16

DrRandy

NAXJA Forum User
If you havent been Gray rock is an awsome place to wheel!

Event hosted by our local club CAOS. Just like NAXJA...great people.

http://www.caos4x4.com/cmbs/index.php?topic=25158.0

www.grayrockorv.com

Lets see if we can get a group of NAXJA guys together, any one up for camping? The Karaoke is always the hit of the weekend:cheers: on Sat night.
XRRA has an event there a few weeks before, they will have a competition on that course on Sunday @ 11am, should be fun to check out

Anyone??

I'm planning on working that event too, so I'll likely be there. Probably Sat, not likely Sunday. I mentioned this event to a couple of TN Boyz....wonder if they'll make it down......:dunno:

Would I be ok with my rig Steve? Looks like some tough trails.

Would I be ok with my rig Steve? Looks like some tough trails.

Yer good. Bring it on! I rode around there w/3 inches of lift and 32's, open, with underside steel plating without an issue. There were trails I didn't bother touching though....:scared:

That place looks rough. Is there stuff for 32's to run?

Edit: Nevermind....I should have waited for Andy's post. Ha!

no problem....the armor is very helpful. I banged around on some of the rockier trails...and the occassional strap...but it was fun!:cheers:

Wish I could make that one. I'll be in Iowa that weekend...

GrayRock has ALL level of trails. You can do fire road rides if you don't want to hammer on your rig. They have something for everyone....

Oh, well I might just have to see what I can do to make it.

Sweet!!!

GrayRock has ALL level of trails. You can do fire road rides if you don't want to hammer on your rig. They have something for everyone....

ssshhhhh...don't tell anyone....:shhh:
But, early on in my first XJ build, I went out by myself...mistake #1, but I was only on the PERIMETER ROAD.....well...went up a climb...and didn't make it....YES the perimeter road....and remember mistake #1...I couldn't see behind me (spare in the window), and actually had to call for an extra set of eyes to get me down that little hill.....remember mistake #1...had I even had just one passenger...no one would have ever heard about this story.....
:shhh:eek:ur little secret

I think everyone has one of those stories.... Had a 90 YJ out on the power line ROW's behind the Hoover Met back after it was first built. 5 inches of lift and 32's. Took one climb that was a liiiittle too steep and found myself experienceing high pucker factor with both front wheels off the ground and me all by my lonesome...

Yer good. Bring it on! I rode around there w/3 inches of lift and 32's, open, with underside steel plating without an issue. There were trails I didn't bother touching though....:scared:
O ya...no problem, some VERY tough trails, great to watch people tear up thier stuff...at least i do! Still plenty to ride and not break.

Eddy summed it up ^^!

Oh, well I might just have to see what I can do to make it.

That would be great, we need to wheel and meet Mr President! when Andy and i have to work it's usually 3-4hr shifts...that's it. Then wheel the rest of the day....i'm camping Sat night forsure:clap::cheers:

well...anyone interested

Sounds good. I think it will be me and my youngest daughter. I'm on the road for the next couple of weeks(Boca Raton next week and Bogota, Colombia the next). It will depend on what I can get done when I'm in town.

Still need a steering gear box, oil pump, RMS and will prolly do the lower bearings while I'm under it.

Just to re-iterate, there is plenty to do there with 3" and 32's. Gray rock is a great venue, there are trails for the lower lift crowd but you can still get really close to the action to spectate the action extreme trails.

If you're close enough to make the weekend trip, it is worth the drive.

I'm gonna try and make this. I will need a shake down run on my long arms by then.

Back