• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

f-150 Coils springs

Why do you want to run F-150 coils? You know those are gonna be super stiff right? You can probably get a used set of XJ or ZJ lift coils for not much more. These are for a 5000 pound truck not a 3000 pound XJ.

Re: f-150 Coils springs or likewise

what would be a good substitute for front coils from the junkyard.....i have v8 ZJ coils but they did nothing....i am looking for a stiffer spring to support the weight of a large bumper and winch....they local junkyard wants 6 dollars a piece for coils springs so anything else is kinda expensive....just looking at options for front springs....

-PJ-

i'd try to go for a six cylinder 79 f100. they'll flex pretty good, and give you a full 3" of lift. we did it to my buddy's xj, and they were great! we also put some 1.75" spacers and shackles with the s10 bastard pack to get 4.5" and ran 33's! it's goooood stuff! s10 springs are a little stiff, but cheap and they'll break in over time.

There are plenty of people on here that have lift coils for sale. TJ lift coils will work, but the advertised lift for TJ will be 1" less on an XJ.

PJ, man you will be so "screwed in the pooch" if you use those springs. I think that you need coils from a one-ton Ram. lol:passgas:

Matt

HA AH HA well its a matter of trying to find one of these babies in the junkyard...

ill call,

Torgersons
I-5 auto wrecking
Pick-A-Part
A&A

what a pain in the ass....:flame:

-PJ-

i'd try to go for a six cylinder 79 f100. they'll flex pretty good, and give you a full 3" of lift. we did it to my buddy's xj, and they were great! we also put some 1.75" spacers and shackles with the s10 bastard pack to get 4.5" and ran 33's! it's goooood stuff! s10 springs are a little stiff, but cheap and they'll break in over time.

did he change anything other than the springs? track bar? controll arms? pitman?

i am useing f-150 coils in my junkyard lift your not screwd i grabbed mine outta the first 150 i saw cant remember the year because it was about 3 years ago they are super stiff so its like a tank some times and all i had to do to make it work was cut a little off the coil so the stock xj bracket to hold it down the the perch would fit but hey cheap way to get 4 inches of lift for cheap if you dont mind driveing a tank

Back