• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vote now for the January 2010 Rig of the Month

Vote now for Januay Rig of the Month!

• ipkyss

Votes: 71 46.4%
  • ROBZ95Xj

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • TORX

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • ktm racer 419

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • RlCHARD CRANlUM

Votes: 20 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Time for the January Rig of the Month contest. Just a quick heads up, everyone is now eligible to submit their rigs, even past winners.

I said there was going to be a few new twists for the ROTM this year. We are going with themes for each month this year. The theme for January is snow wheeling. Each submission should have a snow wheeling picture as their main picture, the 2nd pic can be whatever style you want to submit as always.

So just to recap, this months theme is snow wheeling. This thread will open somtime on New Years Day. Any submission that doesn't include a snow wheeling pic will be deleted.

Same rules as before, first 5 red letter names to post 2 pics and a full spec list will be considered.

Re: Official January 2010 Rig of the Month submission thread

Well a lot of you have seen it, but heres a ton of specs.

98 2door 4.0 AX-15 NP231 with SYE

Around 5" lift

Front end
89 Ford HP kingpin dana 60 5.38 gears welded carrier, new bearings/ seals
DOM steering with 3/4 3/4 hiems SJ Drop PA
DOM track bar with 5/8 3/4 hiems with heavy duty frame mount
3 link suspension with large johny joints 2"x250 wall DOM links
solid diff cover

Rear end
78 ford 60 5.38 gears Detroit
bored spindles
yukon 35 spline shafts
Disc brakes with 1/2 ton calipers
solid diff cover
double triangulated 4 link with large johny joints with 1.25 thread on all ends
stock front coils
Tom woods shaft
37/1250/17 Procomp X/MT on New take off H2 wheels
20% tint all the way around
Front and rear hitches
All the floors were done with bed liner
Soon to come, 4.7 stroker and Dana 300

This rig in my trail rig, recovery rig (Has pulled half of the NAC guys through the snow) And my DAILY DRIVER. Its a great well rounded XJ that can be beat without worry of breaking parts, yet drive down the highway at 70 mph all day.

Not sure how to put the pics straight to the post?

Some snow wheeling
Snowxj.jpg

Little bit of flex
Alicias508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1993 Cherokee Sport
4.0 AW4 231
3" Lift consisting of RE JKS and Teraflex Parts
33" MTR's on AR steelies
Dana 30 3.55's Lockrite, RS Cover
8.25 3.55's Aussie, RS Cover
HD steering
Tcase and gas tank skids
Custom Frt bumper
D35 driveshaft with YJ slipyoke
Dosn't get along with trees
Daily Driven
Has ben pulled through the snow a few times by Ipkyss's rig
sillystring_n_stuff_017.jpg

Deepwoods_10-11_001.JPG

Last edited:

1988 XJ Base Model - Daily Driver & Weekend Warrior

4.0L w/256,000 miles
5spd tranny
NP231 w/SYE
Dana 30 - 4.88's, Aussie Locker, converted to 297 Shafts w/ full circle clips, Ruffstuff cover, Rustys HD Tierod
Dana 44 - 4.88's, Aussie Locker, Ruffstuff cover
BFGoodrich KM2 35x12.50 (siped) mounted on 15x8 steelies
Rubicon Express 5.5" Lift
Bilstein 5125 Shocks
Custom Front Bumper w/Hella 500's
Custom Rock Sliders
Custom Belly Pan
Custom Gas Tank Skid
On Board Air
Vision-X Rock Lights
Soon to be mounted WARN 9.5xp

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Just to clarify:

Are the summer month themes going to be "on the beach", "next to palm trees" and "only when the temperature outside is 100 degrees"?

That way, you can exclude the north just as much as you have the south.

Snow is a little hard to come by in 50% of the country :dunno:

Just to clarify:

Are the summer month themes going to be "on the beach", "next to palm trees" and "only when the temperature outside is 100 degrees"?

just photoshop the ground white.

97 xj sport
auto
p231
hd porc sye with front shaft
2.5" bastard pack using 2 rubicon express leaf packs (from a 4.5 and 3.5)
1.5" rocky road outfitters shackles
3" tomken coils
welded 29 spline 8.25
33x12.5r15 cooper discoverer stt's wrapped around some cheapazz black steel wheel
blingin taillights
8" rough country shocks in front(supa soft crap valving)
8" edelbrock ias in back(medium valved)

Right now she is a cheap build(sub $1000 including the jeep) but in the coming months that will change.

14366-snow-wheelin.jpg

13942_506295569724_226300669_153577_2102293_n.jpg

Just to clarify:

Let's not get carried away here.

The hope is for the 2010 ROTM pics to be used as a NAXJA calender. The themes will represent the changing of the seasons, different wheeling interests (like rocks, mud, scenic trails) as well as feature pics of rigs from some of NAXJA's signature events. The idea is not to exclude anyone, but to bring some creativity and a fresh different look for the program for this year. Just trying something different.

1989 Cherokee Laredo
4.0 5 speed (upgraded to AX-15)
Rock Krawler 3 link up front with Rubicon Express 5.5 coils keeping a full width 1978 high pinion Dana 44 with 5.38's and an ARB in place. Chevy 3/4 ton outers and brakes with Warn hubs. Ballistic Fab high steer arms, with 1 1/2" DOM tie rod and drag link, with one ton TREs. The transfer case is a 231 with a PORC slip yoke eliminator. Out back is a full width 1978 full float Dana 60 with 5.38's and an ARB. It has Chevy disk brakes as well. Holding it in place are 1990 F-150 leafs, and hd offroad engineering shackle relocation brackets. On the front bumper is a Warn xd9000i winch. The tires are 39/14.50/17 Pitbull Mad Dogs on weld on beadlocks with 6 inches of back spacing. I also did rocker replacements with 2x5 3/16. 180k miles.

MtHood12-26-09005.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Let's not get carried away here.

The hope is for the 2010 ROTM pics to be used as a NAXJA calender. The themes will represent the changing of the seasons, different wheeling interests (like rocks, mud, scenic trails) as well as feature pics of rigs from some of NAXJA's signature events. The idea is not to exclude anyone, but to bring some creativity and a fresh different look for the program for this year. Just trying something different.

I understand this but being from Houston (Texas), it is hard enough to find snow falling from the sky... it's 1,000 times harder to find any on the ground.

Sorry I am not trying to be PITA, but by doing this you are excluding pretty much half of the country.

I gathered up photos, did the writeup, then noticed the snow requirement. No biggie, I saved the submission. Sometime in the next 11 months, the submission will just about HAVE to include sun, sand, dust, decals, jump, air,... Heck, I even have a shot I could use if the submission requirement was "Ford Ranger"

And lets be honest, right now, "snow" only excludes maybe 25% of the country. Enjoy the cold guys, One of the Yuccas on property is a little out of sync with the seasons, and it bloomed this week. :D You enjoy the snow, I'll enjoy the flowers.

Yeah its COLD here in Houston but that still does not mean snow.

I understand this but being from Houston (Texas), it is hard enough to find snow falling from the sky... it's 1,000 times harder to find any on the ground.

Sorry I am not trying to be PITA, but by doing this you are excluding pretty much half of the country.

Well since there are only a handful of rules in place at this point, I don't really think it is that big of a deal. There isn't even a rule saying it has to be an XJ if you want to nit pick. The format is pretty wide open and evolving. If you read the first post you will see there will be plenty of time and opportunities to submit your rig regardless of where you live.

Ya, I like snow too. As long as I can get away from it. And as miserable as some people are right now, I can't even be mad about the snow lock-out. Like I said, there will be other chances.

P.S: I wasn't kidding about the Yucca!
20477_107036315975667_100000078979196_204257_3696809_n.jpg

Back