• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Wagoneer with Dana 44 rear

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 Wagoneer 4x4 auto, 4 door in good shape. Runs but needs some tranny work and a new radiator. Has the Dana 44 rear with the high pinion dana 30 front. This is my uncles vehicle and he informed me it is a no-op vehicle and being sold for parts only. He is willing to sale it out for parts but would prefer to just sale it whole for $1,000. IF interested let me know. You can PM me or contact me at (909) 238-3333. It also has the tow package and I think has the factory skid plates. Power windows and doors that still work with leather seatiing that is in surprisingly good shape. I will post up pics as soon as he send them to me.

I got more info on the Jeep today. It is the limited cherokee wagoneer and it DOES have the skid plates for sure. It also has the power seat package and has no dints on any of the body panels or doors. I will post some pics tomorrow once my uncle has some daylight. Like I stated earlier, he would prefer to sale it whole for $1,000 or best offer, but he is also willing to part it out if need be. Let me know if your interested in parts or the whole vehicle and I will see what I can do.

if it gets parted out, I need a gas tank skid. and if it happens to have tow hooks i need some of them too

if it gets parted out, I need a gas tank skid. and if it happens to have tow hooks i need some of them too

My uncle told me last night he wants to give it a week or two trying to sale it whole and if that doesn't work out then he will part it out. If he decides to part it out, then I will give you first dibs on the skid plate.

I talked with the uncle this morning and he stated he will sale it for $800 complete. I may even be able to talk him down a little lower if someone is interested in buying it whole.

Update: The vehicle has 106,733 original miles. I am off work Wednesday and I am going to personally go see it and check it over. I will take my own pics so I can ensure I take pictures of things you guys care about.

PM sent

I am still getting replies about this Jeep and I need to get the REAL info out there. Unfortunately my uncles was WAY OFF on the info he gave me. Luckily I went and checked his rig out myself to verify in person everything he had told me. Thank God I did. Here is the memo I sent out to everyone who contacted me:

Well...... My uncle is clueless!! From the beginning my Uncle was certain of the facts of the vehicle and I never felt the need to question him. Today I went and looked at it and I immediately saw some MAJOR problems. He has stated it was an 89 with the 6cyl. That meant that it had the 4.0 straight 6 since that was the only 6 cyl. they put in the cherokee that year. Unfortunately his vehicle has the 2.8 V6. That told me that this was not an 89. I immediately got on-line and run the vin on carfax. Turns out it is an 84 Wagoneer with a salvage title. I am a little Pissed Off that my uncle could be this clueless about a car he drove for quite a while as a daily driver. From Forest Falls to his front dorr took me an 1 1/2 hours plus that same time going back. He also told me that it was in great shape and was running. Well, it is NOT in great shape and he couldn't get it to start when I was there. He also informed me that it had the rear skip plate. When I got under the vehicle to inspect I realized the skid plate he was refering to was a plastic cover and not the steel plate. To really top things off, he had informed me that it had the dana 44 rear end. I had sent him pictures of a dana 44 and dana 35 so he could visually see the difference and after looking at the pics he decided with certainty that it was the dana 44. After I saw his Jeep in person I can now state that my uncle is an IDIOT!!! It is clearly a dana 35 rear end. So in a nutshell; this car is worthless. I informed my uncle of his errors and explained to him why his Jeep has no value. He has now decided to give it away. If you are interested in this Jeep for free let me know by Tuesday 11/17/09. My uncle told me that he had that day off and would be taking it to the salvage yard then.

is there anything of value on the heep?

waggy grill?

t case?

hp30?

trying to think of anything else worth $

parts market is pretty saturated at the moment due to C4C

ill take it, where is it located??

Even though I was told it runs, I couldn't get it to run and neither could my uncle. Please make sure you look at ALL the info I posted on the actual facts before you decide you want the vehicle. Here are some pics of it. The front looks like a hpd30 but it also looks like it is in pretty bad shape. The Jeep is currently in Lake Elsinore and will be heading to the junk yard sometime next week.

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like this could be great for a project vehicle.

dmn why do all these jeeps gotta be so far away, I been looking for one to make into a toy, but there never close..damn

I wasn't sure which of you guys were serious about wanting the Jeep, so if you do want it then PM so I can pass that on to my uncle before he takes it to the junkyard.

LAST CHANCE for a free Jeep. I still havn't had anybody give me a "FOR SURE" I want it. It will probably be taken to the junkyard by the end of this week. Let me konw ASAP if you want it.

Back