• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home made hood vent

MrJCRod

NAXJA Forum User
Had some free time so I was able to install some vents in my hood to help drop the underhood temps a little... Let me know what you guys think...

Photo_110309_001.jpg

Photo_110309_003.jpg

Photo_110309_004.jpg

Photo_110309_009.jpg

Photo_110409_001.jpg

Photo_110409_011.jpg

I'll hit all my electrical connectors with di-electric to prevent any issues with rain but if I do have problems I'll probably add drip pans on each side... I'll see what happens after a few trips in the rain...

They look great. I also like how you pulled off all the logos. makes that thing look sharp. what year is your XJ?

Last edited:
Subscribing in anticipation of updates/writeup....

Went to Lowes and got the reusable aluminum barbecue sheets. They come in a 2 pack and they measure 12x24. I only used 1 sheet. I just cut it in half. Scuffed them up, primed 'em and painted them...

The package was $6. Then I had leftover door trim from my fender cut and I secured it to the hood with hi-temp silicone... I actually got the idea from a buddy of mine who has a Honda s2000 and those guys have a problem with header heat so a lot of them are doing this type of mod.... cost me roughly $15 and a few hours...

Wow! I was expecting some horrific "hey guys I used HVAC floor registers for vents how do you think it looks" post. I was pleasantly surprised... those look AWESOME!

How about some details of the underside? Also what you mean by door trim? House stuff or the seal that is around the door of the xj?

did you secure the vents themselves with the high-temp sil also, or just the trim?

Badass by the way...they look awesome...keep us posted on any problems that might occur (water entry).

Thanks...
I'll do a better write up tonite when I get home from work... When I first posted I didn't know what people would think so I didn't do a thorough write up but I'll try to take more pics and measurements when I get home...

Back