• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CONGRATULATIONS John Bjorum "96 Classic" on your mag cover!!!

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Our very own John Bjorum (96 Classic) got the cover of Petersen's 4Wheel 7 Off Road as a result of his participation in the magazine's Ultimate Adventure Event!

Congrats John! You deserve it!

If you guys don't know John and that beautiful rig of his - understand this: That XJ is his obsession. It's the cleanest, best thought out, rig I've seen and his personal touches are outstanding........ particularly the LS1 swap!

He put that XJ through hell and back during that event - doing things that I'd never thought he'd be OK with...... He represented BIG TIME for XJ's and NAXJA! :thumbup:

JohnBmagcover.jpg

The magazine has a photo of John running through a mud bog up to the door handles........ this is the aftermath:

The engine:
DSC_0032.jpg

This is the back seat area - you can see his spare parts buried in mud:
DSC_0033.jpg

cool! congrats!

Thanks guys, I did represent NAXJA with our NAXJA stickers on the rear window and the the rear bumper. Maybe when the DVD video comes out next month they will show our stickers. The rear was covered with mud a lot of the time. Man I don't like mud.

I did have a lot of NAXJA stuff on the side windows but I replaced the windows with lexan before the event to cut down on some of the damage.

I missed everyone at the the Fallfling this year as Sandy and I were in Italy for her 50th birthday.(her Ultimate Adventure) Hope to see some of you next year.

LS1XJohn

What is that like 2 covers and an article in like 3 months? And here I thought we were the black sheep of the offroad community.

Yup, sure does. John and his rig are both a class act. I met him at Winterfest and can say that he is an upright guy and knows how to wheel....and it showed when he completed the Ultimate Adventure on a D30!!

Any way you look at him, John is a class act all the way around. I think that's the first time I've ever seen his rig dirty.

I gotta go find that magazine.

Congrats John!!! The rig looks great as usual. I was in the supermarket and just glanced at the mag... and was amazed I actually knew someone on the cover!!! I HAD to buy it. Good job representing!! You didn't break anything during the UA?

Andy

Congrats. So is your health ok?

Thats fantastic! Great job, seen that mag last week and said "hey i know that guy"

Back