• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Moab run 2010! MAY 21 - 23

What weekend works best for you? You can pick more than one.

• Last weekend in April

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • First weekend in May

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 2nd weekend in May

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3rd weekend in May

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Sounds like there's quite a bit of interest in putting together a Chapter Moab run so let's do the discussion in this thread. :thumbup:

Discussions to this point have targeted late April to sometime in May. I'm leaning toward the 2nd/3rd week of May as things get a bit drier, and the weather isn't too hot.

I've put out some feelers to our Utard friends soliciting their input as to when is the best time to come out.

Jeff (XJEEPER) PM'd me the following:

"May weather is great, mid 80's low 90's maybe and you get the bonus of wildflowers in bloom too.
Last weekend of April is always the Rod Benders Run car show in Moab, so that's been fun to attend on Sat morning."

So, you know that if the street rod guys are doing shows in late April, the weather must be good right?
:D

Ryan (Dr. Moab) PM'd me his input as well:

"I agree with everything Jeff said with a couple more points. The first is just my opinion. Take it for what it cost you. I would stay far far away from the car show weekend. It was fun the first couple of years we did it but it's turned into a joke. Last year they had more people show up that weekend than they had over EJS. It's busy, the cops are all in bad moods and it's hard to find lodging.

Second point. May is good also because most of the cotton has blown away off the cottonwoods. Late April can be horrible for anyone staying at slickrock."

I don't imagine we'd need to try to do an entire week unless most of you would like to, but I figured a Thurs-Sun or a Fri-Mon long weekend thing would be a good place to start.

I've put up a poll to see where you all think your time off would work best.

Last edited:
Re: Chapter Moab run 2010!

I have to check my Dads schedule. I think I will be in school all of those dates, but I will see.
I heard at Fall Fling that NAXJA usually has a get together the car show weekend as the trails are usually emptied from EJS by then. We are definitely looking forward to Moab again, We think we might even make a quick trip Halloween!

I just found this forum and it's really cool! I've been mainly on CO4x4 and had someone tell me about this. Anyways, my college (school of mines) gets out friday May 14th, so I'd be up for a trip sometime after that, (3rd or 4th weekend in may). The 3rd weekend might be tough to make though because we get out of school that friday

hell yeah third weekend in may I might be able to get my shit done by then

I'm definitely interested to see where this goes. My work schedule could possibly be re-arranged for a moab trip, Ive never been wheeling there, only passed through. A four day weekend sounds good to me! Weeks probably wouldnt matter to me as long as I know in advance.

3rd weekend in May- the weather should be perfect and it will be before Memorial Day weekend so it shouldn't be too crowded.

Typically I have drill the first weekend of the month, so as long as its not that weekend I am good.

Funny...I've been thinking about this ever since someone mentioned awhile ago. Schedule is wide open.

We'll be pulling the kids out of school for a couple days, and will likely be camping at the Devil's Garden campground in Arches. We're looking at either the 13-16th of may (my 40th b-day), or the 20-23...

Now this sounds awesome......... 3ed weekend of May for me!!

Ok, our group (2-4 families) is for sure to be in Moab May 20-23, camping in Arches. It would be really cool to have several more of you dudes there for some awesome trail runs. :clap::party:Also, my Moab folks tell me there are road races (bike) scheduled May 13-16, so the place will be a friggen zoo, with multiple paved road closures in and around Moab...:doh:

Back