• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuse box Wiring

Dobbs

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all on my85 xj with 2.5 it looks like the cluch master cyl has leaked at some time and the fuse box has been reworked.I heard this is a ploblem with master cyl leaking and running the box. I keep having to screw with the fuses all the time.has any one replaced the fuse box wiring or the whole dash wiring.I found a 85 with 2.5 with auto that wiring looks good.just wanted to know how big a job it is to change.Or if any one has a idea on what to do. Thank you.

I know it sounds like a job but the only other thing I can think of is cut all the wires at the fuse box and just replace it and match up the wires it a lot of wire splices.

The fuse panel is inside but the connector that plugs onto it is in the engine compartment, under the brake booster. Before ripping into the wiring, I think it might be worthwhile removing the fuse panel so you can inspect the connector. If it's not too bad, you may be able to clean up the connections with an electrical file (like an old distributor points file) or some emery cloth, then just install the replacement fuse panel.

Back