• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the h*** happened to OSU?

Oklahoma State?
Ohio State?
Oregon State?

If you mean OU, as in previously rated #1 Oklahoma, they go wupped up on by KSU, that would be Kansas State.

Who plays for the national championship will be an interesting debate now.

seanR said:
Yes my Dawgs got beat by LSU as I even knew. LSU has gotten better as the year has gone on. KState beating Oklahoma puts the BCS back in bad light (as I love to see) but also means we'll have a Sugar Bowl worthy of watching. It will be OU and LSU. A MUCH better game than OU and USC. Prediction? LSU by 10

I think the BCS is a joke! Okla should not be #1 nor should LSU be #2. USC is clearly a better team. The poles that matter have them as #1. Nothing personal, but LSU had a pretty easy season, Western IL, Univ. of LA at Monre? Certainly not football powerhouses. Northern IL who beat Ala., Wisc, and others don't even have a chance at a BCS ranking.

Just a rant!

USC lost to California???? as far as their schedule was concerned I don't see too much that would concern me. Really not that much with Oklahoma's schedule either. A close win over alabama ahich has been the sec kick dog all season!

Sat08/30/2003AuburnAuburn, Ala.CBSW, 23-0
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery | Gametracker
Sat09/06/2003BYUL.A. ColiseumABCW, 35-18
Sat09/13/2003HawaiiL.A. ColiseumFSNW, 61-32
Sat09/27/2003CaliforniaBerkeley, Calif.FSNL, 34-31 (3 OT)
Recap | Final Stats | Gametracker
Sat10/04/2003Arizona StateTempe, Ariz.ABCW, 37-17
Sat10/11/2003StanfordL.A. ColiseumFSNW, 44-21
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Notes | Photo Gallery | Gametracker
Sat10/18/2003Notre DameSouth Bend, Ind.NBCW, 45-14
Sat10/25/2003WashingtonSeattle, Wash.ABCW, 43-23
Sat11/01/2003Washington StL.A. Coliseum (Homecoming)ABCW, 43-16
Sat11/15/2003ArizonaTucson, Ariz.W, 45-0
Sat11/22/2003UCLAL.A. ColiseumABCW, 47-22
Sat12/06/2003Oregon StL.A. ColiseumABCW, 52-28

Sat, Aug 30 North Texas Norman 6:00 PM 37 - 3 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES FSN Sat, Sep 06 Alabama at Tuscaloosa, Ala. 6:45 PM 20 - 13 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ESPN Sat, Sep 13 Fresno State Norman 2:30 PM 52 - 28 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES PPV Sat, Sep 20 UCLA Norman 2:30 PM 59 - 24 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ABC Sat, Oct 04 Iowa State at Ames, Iowa 6:00 PM 53 - 7 (W)
STATS
QUOTES TBS Sat, Oct 11 Texas at Dallas, Texas 2:30 PM 65 - 13 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ABC Sat, Oct 18 Missouri Norman 6 PM 34 - 13 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES FSN Sat, Oct 25 Colorado at Boulder, Colo. 6 PM 34 - 20 (W)
STATS
NOTES TBS Sat, Nov 01 Oklahoma State Norman 2:30 PM 52 - 9 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ABC Sat, Nov 08 Texas A&M Norman 11 AM 77 - 0 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ABC Sat, Nov 15 Baylor Norman 1:30 PM 41 - 3 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES Sat, Nov 22 Texas Tech at Lubbock, Texas 2:30 PM 56 - 25 (W)
STATS
NOTES
QUOTES ABC

04/11/032003 Spring Game (Cox Sports)Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium5:20 p.m.P, 24-21 | Recap | Pregame | Audio 08/30/03UL-MonroeBaton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium7 p.m.W, 49-7 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 09/06/03Arizona (TBS)Tucson, Ariz.
Arizona Stadium9 p.m.W, 59-13 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 09/13/03Western IllinoisBaton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium7 p.m.W, 35-7 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 09/20/03Georgia (CBS)Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium2:30 p.m.W, 17-10 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 09/27/03Mississippi State (ESPN2)Starkville, Miss.
Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field8 p.m.W, 41-6 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 10/11/03Florida (CBS)Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium2:30 p.m.L, 19-7 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 10/18/03South Carolina (ESPN2)Columbia, S.C.
Williams-Brice Stadium6:45 p.m.W, 33-7 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 10/25/03Auburn (ESPN)Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium6:45 p.m.W, 31-7 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 11/01/03Louisiana Tech *Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium7 p.m.W, 49-10 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 11/15/03Alabama (ESPN)Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Bryant-Denny Stadium6:45 p.m.W, 27-3 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 11/22/03Ole Miss (CBS)Oxford, Miss.
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium2:30 p.m.W, 17-14 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 11/28/03Arkansas (CBS)Baton Rouge, La.
Tiger Stadium1:30 p.m.W, 55-24 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video 12/06/03Georgia ! (CBS)Atlanta, Ga.
The Georgia Dome7 p.m.W, 34-13 | Recap | Pregame | Game Notes | Video

What was USC's opponent's win/loss record? Like60and65. C'mon. I see a problem with humans agreeing on who's best. If USC woulda lost to Cal on Sat. instead of early in the season do you really think they would be in the top 5 even? Don't think so.

LSU lost to Florida, a mediocre team at best. But LSU is definitely a better team than USC. It's alot harder to go 12 and 1 than it is to go 11 and 1 especially in the Big 12 and SEC.

Let's see, hmmmm, 5 teams from the Big 12 and 5 from the SEC in the top 25. How many from the Puss 10? -2-........

There is something to the idea that strength of schedule determines the heart of a team.

Now, while I don't like the BS C rankings anymore than y'all, that's still what everyone was ranked by from mid-season on and has been for the last several years. It was already said before the game that even if OU lost to KSU they'll still play in the Sugar Bowl and nobody cried then. One game doesn't determine the quality of a team, that's determined by the wins and losses and the quality of an opponent throughout the year. Personally, I'm in favor of a 4 or 8 team playoff where the teams are chosen by the BCS, afterall ya gotta admit they at least have the top TEN teams in the nation picked right.

What's funny is some people were talking about this OU team as being one of, if not the best ballclub of all time. How do you go from that to not deserving to play for the national championship in one game, a conference championship game at that? Everyone trips at one time or another, as every dog has his day. Just so happened to be on the same day.

Anyway, if USC and their fans wanna say they're the champs, oh and there is a little issue of beating a very comparable Michigan team, and if OU bests LSU or vice versa, I'm sure neither of 'em will mind or apologize for being called the nat'nl champs, nor will I.

Terry

Re: What the h*** happened to OU?

I hate the BCS as much as anyone does, but in this case, I believe that OU should be playing in the championship game. Put the KSU game earlier in the season and it would be a non-issue. The Big XII is an underrated conference. Everyone thinks it has two teams, OU and Nebraska. What they forget about is the strength of the Texas bunch, Missouri, and one of the most underrated of all teams, KSU. I make no apologies for being an avid KSU fan, always have been, and always will be.

KSU gets no respect.
Don't believe me?

What got more press today;
The KSU win, or the OU loss?
The KSU upset, or the f'ed up BCS?

KSU came to play on Saturday. No one gave them a chance against the "greatest team of....yada yada yada". They were not intimidated, and they did what they needed to do to win. The game was not won on a bad call, or a last second turn over. It was not won "by luck". It was won by a determined underdog, and it was won big.

I think the AP said it best,

"With the Sugar Bowl wrapped up before the game, the Sooners came in hearing talk about where they rank in history.
Roberson and the Wildcats delivered and emphatic answer - second in the Big 12."

KSU is a tougher team than people give them credit for and the Big XII conference is the toughest over all in this nation (IMnotsoHO). Any team in the BIG XII has the potential to win on any given Saturday (well maybe not KU but that's a personal grudge ;) ).

Two thirds of the Big XII teams are going to a bowl game this year, 3 Big XII teams are top 10 and 5 are top 25.

That is a lot of power from one often over looked area of the country.

Bones :skull1:
GO CATS!

I gotta disagree here. There is NO WAY you should be playing for the "mythical" national championship when you can't even win your own conference! :wierd:
USC is clearly the best team in the country right now. They lost to Cal in triple OT! LSU and OU both lost theirs by more than a few points!
The SB should be a decent game. USC would destroy either of them, though.
The Sugar can have the little crystal football. If USC beats Michigan, the people know who the REAL champion is. When you finish the season ranked #1 in BOTH polls, the Sugar bowl is playing for second! :laugh3:

Rockcrawlinxj,

I have to agree with you here as I am sure most of us do. The BCS is crap but unfortunately the best thing going. I don't agree that its there as an arguement tool for those who rank higher in it, i.e. USC. So USC fans want to argue that because they are #1 in the poll they should be going to the national championship!?! What and next year curse the polls when their not in contention? However BillR You can't argue that if you win your conference that you should be going to Sugar I mean, it IS the PAC - 10!! LSU won the SEC championship with the SEC packed with historically great ballclubs and is large enough that it needs two divisions. Anyone that states Florida (with a freshman quaterback and new coach) is mediocre at best knows nothing of what it takes to BUILD ballclubs. it's not WINS it's recruting talent. Florida had the best off-season recruiting in the NCAA. Their quaterback is a Freshman and looks better than most seniors. - they beat Georgia, LSU, almost beat FSU and were ranked just shy of top 10 - THATS MEDIOCRE!! I am a Georgia alum and I can't believe that y'all are making me prove my point by sticking up for Florida, what a sad day.

Anyway I'll post USC's schedule again, hopefully it will speak for it's own weakness - California winning - in overtime or not - is still WEAK!

Sat08/30/2003AuburnAuburn, Ala.CBSW, 23-0
Sat09/06/2003BYUL.A. ColiseumABCW, 35-18
Sat09/13/2003HawaiiL.A. ColiseumFSNW, 61-32
Sat09/27/2003CaliforniaBerkeley, Calif.FSNL, 34-31 (3 OT)
Sat10/04/2003Arizona StateTempe, Ariz.ABCW, 37-17
Sat10/11/2003StanfordL.A. ColiseumFSNW, 44-21
Sat10/18/2003Notre DameSouth Bend, Ind.NBCW, 45-14
Sat10/25/2003WashingtonSeattle, Wash.ABCW, 43-23
Sat11/01/2003Washington StL.A. Coliseum (Homecoming)ABCW, 43-16
Sat11/15/2003ArizonaTucson, Ariz.W, 45-0
Sat11/22/2003UCLAL.A. ColiseumABCW, 47-22
Sat12/06/2003Oregon StL.A. ColiseumABCW, 52-28

They lost to Cal in triple OT!

Yeah, CAL! they're what, 7 and 5? PAC10, says it all.

When you finish the season ranked #1 in BOTH polls, the Sugar bowl is playing for second!

Good argument. Too bad the NCAA div 1 agreed to the BCS' terms, huh? Oh, what's this? USC is in the NCAA div 1.

There is NO WAY you should be playing for the "mythical" national championship when you can't even win your own conference!

Hmmmmm, bring that argument when USC actually plays a game to "win" it's conference. You're just upset because OU wasn't penalized for losing an extra game. LSU wasn't awarded anything, besides a trophy, for winning the SEC championship.

Anyone that states Florida (with a freshman quaterback and new coach) is mediocre at best knows nothing of what it takes to BUILD ballclubs. it's not WINS it's recruting talent.

Mark, I like you, sorta, and I shoulda said mediocre for Florida and SEC standards. They're still a better team than CAL, obviously. LSU's a great team and OU'll be happy to play 'em.

But a guy that lives in Baton Rouge called our sports talk radio station this morning and said LSU fans were complaining that LSU should be playing USC instead of OU because they think they woulda been able to beat them. This guy was an LSU fan originally from Oklahoma just calling to share his observation. What should LSU fans be worried about? This is a home game for them. However 65,000 OU fans on the waiting list still need tickets.

And finally, above all, when it comes to playing a reg. season game, you havta admit, when it comes time to play a no.1 ranked team, every opponent gets up for that game above all others. Everyone wants to knock off no.1. That's what we in Soonerland call intangible.

BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, O.K.U!

Oh and Mark, one more thing, an OU fan wouldn't be caught DEAD sticking up for Texass. Have some team pride man.

rockcrawlinxj said:
Oh and Mark, one more thing, an OU fan wouldn't be caught DEAD sticking up for Texass. Have some team pride man.
True, true. Florida has beat GA. now 13 of 14 seasons. It's painful. I think because we all get way too drunk for the "worlds largest cocktail party." SEC was more my chant. I just believe (esp. over the pac-10) that the SEC is a STRONG conference, mostly to it's own fault. You have teams (aka Arkansas) that even with poor coaching has the talent to pop up and beat any of there conference rivals on any given day. Not everyone in the SEC can do this (*cough* vanderbuilt *cough*) but most like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss. It is extremely difficult for the SEC to come out of regular season with a team that hasn't lost a game. That said, Florida is still a bunch o' pu$$ies and i can't wait to have at'm next year (said every year). I liked watching the "criminoles" dance on your 50 yard line and then beat you up in a fight. YEEE HAWWW - Thanks for bringing me back on line rockcrawlinxj.

All this said let's forget about USC for a moment and that LSU fan that wanted to face USC. TRUE LSU fans, and SEC fans, want to face the better of the two so there is no question and in mine, and I have to think most everyone's, is that OU is a stronger team. Don't they still carry one of the all time longest win streaks, aren't they historically one of the strongest college powerhouses in total wins (div1)? If I were an LSU fan, and as a SEC fan (SEC hasn't been since 98 i believe Tenn.)I would much rather have the chance to beat OU than USC. It is a matter of "aleviating" any question of who is the best.

LSU lost to Florida, USC lost to California. The Pac-10 Conference game was USC vs Oregon State !!!! (Oregon State (7-5, 4-4) will play New Mexico in the Dec. 24 Las Vegas Bowl) whereas LSU #3 played GA #5 for the Sec Championship. I like LSU facing OU. Most people don't becuase there are less alum out there from LSU and it's just not as media friendly. Well tough. What a great end to the season. The two teams that should be there are there AND the BCS still looks bad. Question though - what happens when Michigan beats USC? Will they complain because they should be facing the Sonners? Naaa... just remember the Golden Bears my little trojans :laugh3:

I guess we'll just agree to disagree here. The "championship" game is a complete farce when the top team in the country is not in it, AND when you (OU) lose by THAT many points to the #13 team you don't deserve a shot at the "title", however worthless it is.
JMO...

Well as most of you guys seem to forget there is still one more game for each of them. Nobody has a definite win. Michigan(GO BLUE) are not gonna roll over dead in the Rose Bowl as I'm sure neither will USC, LSU, and OU. On Jan. 5 we'll know who is the best.

My bets
Oklahoma beats LSU by 7
Michigan beats USC by 14(gotta go home team here :laugh3: )
Then maybe Michigan can get it's rightful #2 spot(ok i know a little wishful thinking there)

GO BLUE

That could very well happen. I personally think Michigan would beat either OU or LSU the way they're playing right now. The Wolverines look REALLY tough.
I think the Rose bowl will be a great game, and I think LSU will destroy OU in the Sugar. (as long as we're predicting...) :laugh3:

BillR said:
That could very well happen. I personally think Michigan would beat either OU or LSU the way they're playing right now. The Wolverines look REALLY tough.
I think the Rose bowl will be a great game, and I think LSU will destroy OU in the Sugar. (as long as we're predicting...) :laugh3:
Whew, Bill. Lemme catch my breath............ NOW your saying Michigan should be #1. That's what it looks like your sayin' if you think Michigan could beat the two top ranked teams in the country, cause I personally wanted OU to play USC in the Sugar instead of LSU. That woulda been a cake walk compared to a team like LSU. Now the Sooners will have to actually prepare to play. Well, if that's what you need to tell yourself to be convinced that USC actually IS playing for the National Championship.

OU by 7
Mich. by 3
Miami by 14
KSU by 10
Texass by, oh who really cares.
Tulsa by 6
and I'm predicting a sweep by the Big 12

Terry

Back