• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a stock 96+ stock output shaft?

danald

NAXJA Forum User
Recently I installed an RE hack and tap SYE with a high angle driveline shaft. Ive gone through numerous trouble shooting techniques but I am still getting vibration at 50 MPH+. I belive that my stock output shaft is out of round or the flange is not true to center because it show being off by .013". I even reground the shaft flat and it made no difference. The only thing I can think of to correct the problem is to but either tom woods sye or curries that comes with an already cut shaft. I dont want to get a HD SYE because I would have to buy a new driveshaft. Does anyone have a stock output shaft that I can have or purchase cheaply? Currie and Tom Woods charge a $200 core charge.

scottsxj said:
you might want to try posting this in the wanted section, you'll prob get some more responces.

I posted it here just in case somone had any suggestions to fix this problem.

I agree on the HD kit,the H-n-T didnt work on mine either.Went with the JB kit and no problems for almost 3 years.I do have a stock shaft but Im in Watertown,NY this week(talk about rusty XJ,s),I'll be back on the 9th if your still looking for one!
hd%20sye.jpg

Last edited:
Back