• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 RCV experience

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have experience with 27 spline RCV shafts in their Dana 30? I have the Warn hub conversion with Crome shafts and a Trutrac and was wondering if I could use the RCV shaft with the Warn hubs and if they would hold up to 35's or even 37's.

Your hub kit is the limiting factor right now, you can't even upgrade to good brakes, let alone tire size/diffs!

I am on 33's at the moment and plan on going up to 35,s or 37 in about two years. I saw these shafts and thought it could be cheaper than doing an axle swap and buying new rims.

I have the first production set made. I ordered them from Bobby Long himself as test pigs.

That was 7 or 8 years ago, or more. I have never broken them, I have never had to repair them. I was wheeling hard at one time but my rig is now a expedition rig. I'm on 35's/4.88's

I have broken one ring gear. I recommend getting your gear set cryoed. I did that before I set up my last R&P and it has held up to what ever I throw at it.

Back