• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team Petty Cash is LeMons racing an XJ at Sears Point the end of March

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're going to be racing a 24 Hours of LeMons race at Infineon Raceway the last weekend of March with the Petty Cash Racing blue XJ. This will be the 4th or 5th race for Team Petty Cash in the Petty blue Cherokee. I raced it in Dec at Buttonwillow and had a blast! Matt Adair has raced 4 or 5 races. It's amazing how well the XJ does. At Buttonwillow in Dec we placed 32nd out of 170 and came in 1st in our class. Tons of fun!

Would be cool if some of you were interested in coming and watching us race one day, and hanging out and drinking a few brewskis after the race. :cheers:

Here's some race info:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/sears2011.aspx

Here's the team web page, with some links to some in car video and our Facebook page.

http://www.teampettycash.com/

Yeah, like Goatman said the road race Cherokee rides again March 25th, 26th, 27th! C'mon out to the race track on Friday if you want to just hang out (we'll be there all day teching the car and doing last minute prep...in other words, all our prep), racing starts at 10:00 am Saturday and goes until about 5:30, then starts back up Sunday at 9:00 am and goes until about 6:00.

This event is lots and lots of fun, but pretty serious racing all the same...we'll be hitting over 100 mph on the main straight...in a $200 XJ.

YouTube Video

TeamPettyCash.com

"Like" us on Facebook

24 Hours of LeMons info

Here's us last year at Sears Point (aka Infineon Raceway):

4P0V1207.jpg

4P0V2912.jpg

And at Buttonwillow last December:

VP2_2613.jpg

Hope to see you guys there!

-Matt

Last edited:
Im gonna try to make it out there if I get off work early enough. Any chance of getting in the pits?

Awesome, so the $20 general access tickets get me into the pits as well?
When does the racing start?

Seeing as I live in Sonoma, I think I'll show up in my NAXJA shirt. Saturday or Sunday. If you don't mind a couch and a 5 month old kid, I could probably let someone stay the night if need be.

Seeing as I live in Sonoma, I think I'll show up in my NAXJA shirt. Saturday or Sunday. If you don't mind a couch and a 5 month old kid, I could probably let someone stay the night if need be.
Make sure to look us up at the track. Thanks for the offer of the couch, but we'll be camping at the track this year.

-Matt

Looks like a lot of rain on Sat, and there are 180 cars entered in the race... :helpme:

Should be fun and exciting. :D

It's fun to walk through the pits at a LeMons race, all the teams have crazy themes and everyone's having a good time. Hops to see a few of you there.

Matt and the guys had the motor out of the car yesterday, and he's leaving this morning........we'll see how that goes. :)

Richard, it's not a rain....it's a monsoon.
No kidding, and the last I heard they were in portland about an hour and a half ago . . . still have a lot of driving over Grant's Pass, the Siskiyou Mountian's and then past Mount Shasta.

I hope to go Sears Point tomorrow, hang out, make fun, might spend the night.

I have two. In my parents garage, in the east bay. My dad is out of town, and my mom has no idea what the heck a power steering anything even is.:smsoap:

How the heck do you mess up the pully and not the box?

Good luck guys, find a Cherokee in the parking lot and rob it of its parts!

I have two. In my parents garage, in the east bay. My dad is out of town, and my mom has no idea what the heck a power steering anything even is.:smsoap:

How the heck do you mess up the pully and not the box?

Good luck guys, find a Cherokee in the parking lot and rob it of its parts!

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967463

maybe you can get with the pirate people and someone can go get it for them?

Back