• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damaged my engine, likely causes?

Well I fixed it!! :D

I looked in the distributor again to to take a look a the dist pick up (someone said that might be an issue). I pulled off the rotor (which I hadn't done before) and the tab that holds in position was broken, which allowed it to rotate about 10 degrees. I dug up an old one (I had 'upgraded' it a few years ago) popped it on, and now it runs fine.

Thanks everyone for their help. Glad it turned out to be a simple fix. Looks like I'm just out the cost of a valve cover gasket.

In the dark one night I was debugging a problem on mine and did not get that sucker stabbed back into the hole you speak of, also did not get the cap bolts into the right holes, and it would not start. The original problem was two spark plugs so fouled that they shorted across the spark gap. The engine flooded, and was hard to start, much less keep it runing. I made it worse working in the dark dorking up the rotor and cap reinstall LOL.

Congrats!!!!

Well I fixed it!! :D

I looked in the distributor again to to take a look a the dist pick up (someone said that might be an issue). I pulled off the rotor (which I hadn't done before) and the tab that holds in position was broken, which allowed it to rotate about 10 degrees. I dug up an old one (I had 'upgraded' it a few years ago) popped it on, and now it runs fine.

Thanks everyone for their help. Glad it turned out to be a simple fix. Looks like I'm just out the cost of a valve cover gasket.

Back