• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn signal help?

85xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
on my 85 xj,the front turn signals bulbs and lenses are white,and rear are yellow. is there a way i could change the front ones to yellow? i will be honest,i didnt search. i am too lazy tonight thanks guys

dave

i seem to recall the mid 90's-ish european xj's had amber front turn signal lenses. you should still be able to get them from the dealer, i think they were around 30 bucks ea.

My '88 Limited has the amber front lights as stock, but one is cracked and the dealer said that they are no longer available.

Can you get your hands on some translucent orange paint to shoot on the inside of the lense? The hobby shop I work at has had a number of customers buy window tint paint for model and radio control cars to black out their turn signals and tails (and not hassled by the local PDs either!).

Back