• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Advance Vac Line

Cruiser54 will know the answer, I suspect the renix can run with out the input from the cam sensor, and the vacuum adjust is locked out or you've been lucky and it hasn't moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The vacuum advance is disconnected, no vacuum advance.

Yes.
When I rebuilt a vacuum advance distributor I seem to remember there was some kind of mechanical device that moved with RPM, as well as vacuum, but it wasn't a jeep distributor.

Yes.
When I rebuilt a vacuum advance distributor I seem to remember there was some kind of mechanical device that moved with RPM, as well as vacuum, but it wasn't a jeep distributor.

Just about all the older style distributors I have come across have both a centrifugal and vacuum advance,... well all except those for the fixed speed engine where timing advance is not necessary.

If that distributor have a centrifugal advance,...(seeing it is an all electronic distributor maybe it do not) how would the XJ PCM compensate for the advance?

Just about all the older style distributors I have come across have both a centrifugal and vacuum advance,... well all except those for the fixed speed engine where timing advance is not necessary.

If that distributor have a centrifugal advance,...(seeing it is an all electronic distributor maybe it do not) how would the XJ PCM compensate for the advance?

they are easily locked out. remove the springs and put a plate in that locks the mechanical advance from moving.

Back