• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airbag light on

Has it been in for the update for the air bag computer?

If not take it to the dealer.

mark

relocating the air bag control module is recall 860
but this recall usually doesnt bring on the air bag light
there is a service bulletin about new connector harness patch
the bulletin also has reference to intermitttant speedo and tach drop
08-15-99 is the tsb

It must have the computer recall because its now located under the console. I have had a fuel gauge that reads nothing or less than actual happen about once a month, usually off and on with the key would fix it. I also had a airbag light around the first of this year that lasted until the next key off and on. The airbag light came on only twice during a 1 week period, and now on constantly.

Any othre ideas?

Thanks,
John

Check that big grey box down by your left foot on the firewall, mine was so loose it gave me intermittant problems on bumps... It's held together with a bolt in the middle..

Does your rear wiper work? I had my air bag light stay on when I popped the fuse for my rear wiper. The wiper was stuck to the window when I tried using it and it popped the fuse. Replaced the fuse and fixed the problem. Mine is a '96 model.

Back