• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Safari ??

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever been? My wife wants to do Palo Duro Canyon and if I'm reading it right there are only guided tours you can't just drive up there and hit trails by yourself? Once a year they have the Jeep safari http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/event-detail/63/ and then you can drive your Jeep on selected trails. It's a bit expensive $275 each but they provide meals and trail leaders and such.

I don't know anyone that's been on one... I know in Colorado the Jeep Safari Event is the only time you can go up Black Bear pass and I want to do that too.

Any insight appreciated :)

Being a Texas boy, I can say that Colorado is way nicer.....and cooler.

I love Colorado and have done many of the trails including Black Bear a couple times... but would like to go up it :) My wife has it in here mind to do Palo Duro canyon and currently you can only get off the pavement by hiking or horseback. This would be a good chance to get on the trails with my Jeep. I just have no idea how a Jeep Safari is organized... is it rigid or can we play it by ear on the trails and camping and such. Not really looking at a "Glamping" event but some camaraderie and fun. We will get back to CO soon :)

I live near pdc. Its a piece of land above the canyon. Not really worth it. Just head to the river north of amarillo, it's open & tons of stuff to drive thru.

Yet another thing I'd love to do but soooooo far

Right now, my rallying cry is "just do it" for a beach run. We'll see where it goes from there.

April 18th is the beach cleanup... Susan and I are going,,, as of now ;)

Cool I'll be at the beach that day ... Fort Walton Beach doing some training.

Went to one in '99 at Y.O. Ranch in Kerrville. Really, its just an expensive offroad event. It is nice to have a group that is guided and they also have time to meet up and some for lunch which is provided. But honestly, i wouldn't do it again. The cost is too much when you cab re-create it for far cheaper with friends.

Anyone know if it's true that on the Jeep Safari in Palo Duro you can get to go on trails that are not open to the public the rest of the year?

I seem remember having both of those ideas in my head last time I looked at it.....and by both those ideas, I mean Palo Duro only having stuff open for the official licensed jamboree and that it was also a very expensive dusty road ride.

Back