• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Winterfest Pics

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
First, I have to say, y'all had a lot of nerve having so much fun without me there. :rattle:
It was great to hear from everyone Saturday nite, even though some were less than coherent :laugh3:
Here's why it was necessary to leave a message (which I still have, by the way). No cellular service here...
site1060.jpg

site1061.jpg

site1062.jpg

Here's a few wheeling pics.
Most normal people would rent a convertible, Wrangler, or Grand, but I found a way to be different. Check out this classic...
site1043.jpg

site1044.jpg

Whoops, hit the wrong button - kinda rusty at this internet stuff...
Here's more... Note the MWC sticker in back window :laugh3:
site1045.jpg

site1046.jpg

On Kauai we had to settle for a TJ, but with the top down it was OK. Is it blasphemy to put the MWC sticker in a TJ?
site1049.jpg

site1050.jpg

site1051.jpg

On Molokai, we had reserved an Exploder, so imagine my disappointment when they gave me this :D
site1047.jpg

site1048.jpg

Welcome back John ... Nice pics BTW. Nice looking Jeep ... I bet it was a bit different driving a stocker! Did you at least throw on a BB while you had it?

You'll have to post a link to the rest of your pictures ... I bet you two had a great time despite missing Winterfest.

BTW ... Thanks again John!!

Les

Here's a few more scenery pics, I'll have a bunch on my webshots site later this week.
site1055.jpg

site1058.jpg

site1059.jpg

site1056.jpg

site1057.jpg

site1054.jpg

site1052.jpg

site1053.jpg

And here's one for Oki(e) Terry :laugh3:
site1063.jpg

Two observances...
1, See still walks along side, even with a stocker, how did she keep up with the airplane?

2, You look good driving a truck with a rainbow on it! :laugh3:

Thanks, guys - it sucks to be back, but until we win the lottery, gotta pay for these trips by working. The good news is I got some more jobs while I was there, so I should be able to afford some of the jeep trips coming up...

seanR said:
Two observances...
1, See still walks along side, even with a stocker, how did she keep up with the airplane?

2, You look good driving a truck with a rainbow on it! :laugh3:

Actually, she rode through everything in the jeeps, and just rolled her eyes when I got out to take pics. Driving stockers made the easy trails fun. But we were both wishing we could have walked to Molokai rather than flying from Kauai to Maui to Honolulu to Molokai in Island Air's small planes on a bumpy air day - only way we could get there when we needed to, though...

And I was hoping no one would notice the Kauai plate - really, they all have the rainbow :laugh3:

Les,

Great pics and I hope you had as good a time as the pics look. If you don't mind me hijacking for a moment can I ask where you rented with? My Friend Joe is getting shipped to Pearl Harbor in May (Damn the luck) and the Fam and I are going to visit him in August. I thought it would be nice to have a Cherokee to haul the kids in. Thanx

againstherwill said:
Les,

Great pics and I hope you had as good a time as the pics look. If you don't mind me hijacking for a moment can I ask where you rented with? My Friend Joe is getting shipped to Pearl Harbor in May (Damn the luck) and the Fam and I are going to visit him in August. I thought it would be nice to have a Cherokee to haul the kids in. Thanx

Can't help you on Oahu (where Pearl Harbor is), but if you can get to Maui, call Adventures Rent-a-Jeep at 1-800-701-JEEP. Their rates are very reasonable, and they're fine with off-road use...

BTW, if any other rental agencies I used are looking at this, those pics are photochopped :D

And Rev, is that any way to talk to someone who got you the best souvenir a pervert like you could want? And no, it's not a cigar :laugh3:

lesslimited said:
And Rev, is that any way to talk to someone who got you the best souvenir a pervert like you could want? And no, it's not a cigar :laugh3:

I didn't know you could still import tiny polynesian women...

next time?

Gil BullyKatz said:
I didn't know you could still import tiny polynesian women...

next time?

I'll look into that, but for Rev I got something his wife should be OK with

John, glad you decided to make it a "round trip". Welcome back!

seanR said:
YEA, RIGHT!
She'd slap you three ways two Sunday!
Dream on Dirty old man, that would kill you!

I was gonna say, how nice of her to let you have a picture like that :laugh3:
Sure she'll be OK with a topless Hawaiian babe calendar?

And while we're talking about souvenirs, who has my Winterfest t-shirts and stickers?

Last edited:
lesslimited said:
And while we're talking about souvenirs, who has my Winterfest t-shirts and stickers?

JeepLas has the T-shirts, and I have your stickers. How many would you like?

Lawn Cher' said:
JeepLas has the T-shirts, and I have your stickers. How many would you like?

Two would be great, in case I need to replace my back window again, or replace my heep... Thanks

And I've selected 54 of Cindy's 480 pics and put them here

I'm still sorting thru mine, and will start putting some up this afternoon

Back