• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear-hatch wiring?

Not sure if you still need the help. This is from a 1986 electrical troubleshooting book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely still need help! Will check this out... Thanks!

IIRC, those are for the license plate lamp if you have the rear tire carrier-- that requires the plate to be moved toward the driver side of the tail gate.

They should match the ones used for the regular tail lamp assembly, but be farther toward the left side of the tail gate.

b0e06ccb4f0e69582eeb19dff580c056.jpg

you had me questioning my memory for a minute there..... The "optional" and standard license plate wires are both the same colors and same style connectors as you pictured (verified on my '88 and my '89 Waggy)

I'll bet the blue wire is live when the parking lamps are on and dead with no lights on. The black wire will show continuity to ground any time.

Thanks for the additional help... I hope to check this out soon!

Excellent... Excellent... Thank you!

1) Does anyone have the second license-plate/wire connected to share a picture? 2) This wonderful diagram shows "Q" and "U" for this lift-gate... Is there a way to find out what/where they come out of the main harness back to the chassis? (I haven't got the lift-gate lock to work)

you had me questioning my memory for a minute there..... The "optional" and standard license plate wires are both the same colors and same style connectors as you pictured (verified on my '88 and my '89 Waggy)

I'll bet the blue wire is live when the parking lamps are on and dead with no lights on. The black wire will show continuity to ground any time.

UPDATE:

I finally found the wires I was looking for. BUT, now there two more! See attachment:

Latch%20-%20Round%202.png

All done! The last two wires activate the dome-light. Thank everyone for your help!

Back