• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC delete?

mini=man

NAXJA Forum User
Iwant to do a full A/C delete on my XJ, I want to know if there is a kit that will move the alt like some other cars or if i can just gut the system and slap on a new non A/C belt.

I've never seen a relocated alternator...doesn't mean there isnt one. But I've seen many people use a non ac belt after their ac seized.

there are a couple good writeups on here of people who have moved thier alternators up to where the a/c used to be, but all have made thier own bracketry. you cant just use a smaller belt on an XJ, where would you route it? it would have to go from the alternator to the power steering pump... the fan pulley and water pump is in the way. if you want to completely remove the AC you need to find an AC delete pulley at the junkyard/

You should Mod the A/C and convert it to On Board Air...Just a thought....Curious why your ditching it? Doesn't work?

-PJ-

What ^^^^ said

Back