• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV mods after snorkel/CA Canister install?

DPG

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, tried several searches, but got nothing.

Just installed a snorkel on my 2000 XJ along with a Spectre cold air canister/filter.

Of course, the canister has no provision for the CCV hook-up that usually attaches to the factory airbox.

Since that front valve cover hose is an inlet for the CCV system, what would be wrong with just attaching a small filter/breather to that line and be done with it?
I can't see any reason why it would HAVE to attach to the airbox, since the vacuum is being drawn from the rear tube running to the intake manifold...

Any insight here would be appreciated-

Thanks!
Dirk

I did that on mine. However it would likely not pass emissions as it can still vent into the air. Usually that's under heavy load when vacuum is low and there's more blowby. I'm assuming you have no intention of fording 5ft deep water either.

I ended up routing mine through an oil separator and back into the intake since the filter on the elbow just puked oil/blowby everywhere.

Back