• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loose Nuts Bumper Group Buy

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Couple folks kept asking about Loose Nuts bumpers. Well here's your opportunity to get in on a group buy. Loose Nuts bumper is probably one of the best made winch bumpers out on the market and it's priced really nicely (also since it's SoCal made you might not have to deal with shipping). Price for an unpainted bumper is $465.00.
Group buy is open for the next month. For it to happen we need at least 7 bumpers ordered with a 50% deposit before the work starts.
Bumper pictures and information:
http://www.loose-nuts-enterprises.com/newprod.htm

Please post up any questions you have here or PM me and we'll get things going. Btw, if we get enough bumpers to make the order we'll close it earlier but I will post up a notice to give folks a chance to still get in on it ;)

Once the group buy closes it should be about 4 to 6 weeks till delivery.

I'm not knocking the product, but is it normal for a winch capable bumper to have the winch so low (like it looks in the picture here)?

bumper2.JPG

It seems like an awful loss of approach angle.

Look at other winch bumpers. They usually have the winch sitting on top of the bumper, blocking the grille.

The Loose Nuts bumper is low profile. The winch is not so obtrusive. That's why I like mine.

Also, the approach angle is not affected by whether the winch is on top, like other bumpers, or inside the bumper, like Loose Nuts'.

I'd be in if I had money for it. Both of my bumpers are pretty beat up...Anybody wanna spot me the $465 for a few months?? :D

Isnt $465.00 there normal NAXJA price ?

waxer said:
I'm not knocking the product, but is it normal for a winch capable bumper to have the winch so low (like it looks in the picture here)?

bumper2.JPG

The idea is to sink the winch into the bumper without loosing any clearance and keep the grille area unobstructed for increased (or rather not limited) air flow.

97xjdawg said:
Isnt $465.00 there normal NAXJA price ?
Yes but here's the deal: winches are going to be only made if there is a bunch of them prepaid. With cost of steel it's not worth it for a manufacturer to stock the bumpers and have them sit idly, so if a group of folks want the bumpers a full set will be made.

What modifications are required for this bumper fit a Warn 9.5ti? Dan wasnt sure, but I s'pose the grille would need to be trimmed?

Blazair said:
What modifications are required for this bumper fit a Warn 9.5ti? Dan wasnt sure, but I s'pose the grille would need to be trimmed?
That is a good question. I'd imagine you'd have to trip the bottom part of the grill out as the 9.5ti housing does sit up fairly high.

Finally!!
Sign me up for one, I have bugged Dan a couple times for a bumper, he has been reluctant to build one at a time, due to steel costs etc.

\\'anderer said:
Finally!!
Sign me up for one, I have bugged Dan a couple times for a bumper, he has been reluctant to build one at a time, due to steel costs etc.
Ok, that makes 3 bumpers (I got two more that are already spoken for). Now we need 4 more and the order is good to go. I know couple others have expressed interest as well so.... any more takers? The sooner we reach 7 the sooner things will go into motion :)

When we get closer we'll talk about deposits :D

waxer said:

It may seem that way in that picture, but there is no loss in approach. This is the single best xj front bumper I have ever seen, with Hanson's as a second (at twice the price!)

steering.jpg

2006-01-17_024.jpg

How about just a pair of laser cut bumper mounts for the DIY-er?

Blazair said:
How about just a pair of laser cut bumper mounts for the DIY-er?
Not sure. All I'm coordinating is the bumper buy. Sorry. You might want to shot Dan a PM and ask him about that directly. My gut feeling is though that the fab shop does whole sets when they go into production so doing just mounts would be tough as a design segment would have to be isolated and cut separately.

JohnX said:
Now I have to go buy another Jeep to put one on? :twak:
Will they fit an Eclipse?

Back