• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to add Head light delay

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
Okay everyone. So I looked but could not find, so here you go. It will take you about 10-15 minutes and you'll have auto headlights.

Step 1. Open drivers side door and locate the "Knee Blocker" Remove this panal. 3 phillips head screws one the bottom and two spring clips at top.
IMG_20130723_175757_149_zpsd77fb4ae.jpg

Step 2. Behind this "Knee Blocker, there is another Knee Blocker. Remove this panal too. One phillips head screw on the top left and one phillips head screw on the top right...

Step 3. On the right side you'll find the head lamp delay module. I was able to remove it with my trusty 8mm gear wrench. Unplug this module and plug it in on your xj. From what I understand all year xj's use this set up and they are all basically the same.

So there ya go. No more tripping in the dark garage

I though finding my way to the frond door was what my Surefire weapons light was for.

Did you leave something out--what vehicle did you source the module from?

I pulled from a 99 and put it in a 99. From what I can read, Jeep used this module on all year xj's and mj's.

Ok, thanks.

I wonder what other vehicles/years used the same part.

GC 1993-1996, and as the OP said all years of the XJ/MJ.

Last edited:
Back