• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar 4.7L Crate motor

flazz85

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else hear about this engine? Jp magazine, Petersens 4x4, and Four Wheeler were a few of the magazines that have mentioned that Mopar had decided that it was going to sell a production 4.7L crate motor of the 4.0L engine. A solid 260hp/ 290ft/lbs. /////(http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techar...erformance_small_block_chevy_engine.html)////

After I looked at the Mopar catalog for Fall 2009 I find nothing except parts for the 4.0L (No blocks/ heads). So email Mopar and their PR. at
"[email protected]".

Anyway they said they were gonna "look into it". I guess because of the bad luck with Chrysler it would be stupid to build an "outdated" engine. I guess I am bummed because all those magazines wrote about it like it was gonna be a lock. Anyway just seeing if anyone else had heard about this engine or any news to regarding the engine.

Too bad too if it is defunct, how cool would it be to get a crate motor with a halfway decent warranty?

id be interested

i don't exactly trust 225k mile, knocking, no oil pressure at hot idle motor to make it very far.

if i have time i know i want to do a little motor work while i slowly finish killing my old motor.

I read it has a 90 day warranty, but that was in a 2 year old magazine. I read that in the "library" yesterday.

Thanks for the info masswrecker. I am going to have to do some more research it seems. But if you take a look at other crate engines their warranties aren't anything, if the engine has a warranty anything close to even 50,000 I would put my money where my mouth is no doubt.

"Mopar plans to launch the ATK 4.7-liter Stroker motor for Jeep applications starting in September 2009."

So....just go around the Mopar dealer/price and go straight to ATK.

AMC/Jeep 4.7L Stroker 1991-1998

Have a Jeep that needs some Torque? This Jeep 4.7L stroker is your answer! This is the same formula that won the Baja 1000 for Team ATK!

If you are a licensed installer call for special pricing

Stage: 1
HP: 275+
TORQUE: 320+
Engine Type: AMC Straight 6 Cyl
Displacement (cu.in):242
Block: Cast 405
Bore / Stoke: OE .040 Bore
Crankshaft: 258 CI /2.125 Snout .850 Pilot Hole
Rods: 258 CI
Pistons: Hyperutectic
Rings: Moly