• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter semi-annual Meet & Greet -Wed. April 9th!!!

hollywood32 said:
Well, buy some raffle tickets for socal fest I will be donating a brand new 30,000lb recovery strap, and if needed something for the chapter meeting. I promise not to donate any of the unsafe stuff, thats stuff is just for me.
woohoo ! Thanks!!!!

I will be there of course! Big thanks to Grant for offering his shop (I know how much of a PITA it can be to host).

BTT....

Thanks everyone for wanting to come out.

We did a bunch of M&G's at the shop a couple of years ago and they were great, but my business got too busy to continue.

Yes, it is a week night and a PITA, but bear with me. I'm working with my commercial landloard for a Sunday show and shine for XJ's late this summer, that could double as a BOD meeting. It takes time to execute a weekend and, frankly, I have very few weekends available if my chick and I aren't jeeping, traveling/hiking (we were out your way this weekend, Rick) or doing family crap; all of which we do a ton of.

Show up. Drive your heep (I'll be in the Chevy). Bring a sixer to put in the tub of ice. I'll have pulled pork sandwiches for y'all and raffling off an Odyssey battery to raise funds for the chapter. I'm sure others will pitch in as well. If you've been to these M&G's, they are pretty damned cool, especially when Kyung does burnies, Rollin's does brake checks and everyone has a great time. Bring the family and kids, it is totally welcomed and encourged. I'll let it run until the wheels fall off, the only thing I ask is you respect my shop and my business hours and show up after 6P and clean up when done.

Rock on.

If I am in town that week I will be there!!
But I am actually in town next week...hmmm two weeks in a row at home,

:party:THAT WOULD BE AWESOME:party:​

BTT....

This is next week!

FYI, at this Meet N greet, we will be pulling the winning names for the new and renewed paid members from the membership drive. Some of the products may not be available for immediate pickup if the donaters do not come to the MnG but we will forward along the contact info to the donaters so they can either deliver or ship the items.

I might be there if work and other things cooperate but if were going to do these quarterly in the future we'd have far more people show and far fewer people complaining if these quarterlies were held on the weekends IMHO.

2 hour drive on a weekday? Have fun. I have spy's there so if I win the membership drive thing I'll know.

Next time have it in the REAL SoCal, anything north of san clemente is halfway to MidCal. :D

Somehow I didnt know about this at all until a non naxja member pointed out its the night after the valley m&g. Guess I need to work less and naxja more.

I may try and make it, but it is a 2 hour drive on a work night with LA traffic. :(

djblade311 said:
FYI, at this Meet N greet, we will be pulling the winning names for the new and renewed paid members from the membership drive. Some of the products may not be available for immediate pickup if the donaters do not come to the MnG but we will forward along the contact info to the donaters so they can either deliver or ship the items.
Sweet!

cal said:
Somehow I didnt know about this at all until a non naxja member pointed out its the night after the valley m&g. Guess I need to work less and naxja more.

I may try and make it, but it is a 2 hour drive on a work night with LA traffic. :(

quit yer btich'n, it's 1.5 hour drive for me with NO traffic. Wonder what it would be with? I don't think so Tim

djblade311 said:

Just a question here, but shouldn't it be those that actually put up the incentive draw the names? I belive that is the way i understood it.

erikwylie said:
Just a question here, but shouldn't it be those that actually put up the incentive draw the names? I belive that is the way i understood it.
That depends ;) One I believe said he will draw a name and I believe the rest just donated the prizes. We will go through the threads though and honor the process those that are donating want to follow.

yes. For those who want to draw their own names, they certainly can do that. Sorry if my decision was a wrong one...just trying to help make it easier for everyone else.

strikedistance said:
Dont have a Jeep yet but hopefully will soon. I'll be there if its cool with everyone.

Of course! Come on out. You can start getting ideas of what not to do to your Jeep....:spin1:

Back