• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S&W Racing Roll Cages

JamesD

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone has used these cages and if they have pics. They have 0 pics available and I am worried about ease of entry and also if the rear seat will still be functional. I am wanting to get the 13 point cage so if anyone has pics of one installed I would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to see any pics of the 8 or 10 point cage also. Thanks

James

JamesD said:
I was wondering if anyone has used these cages and if they have pics. They have 0 pics available and I am worried about ease of entry and also if the rear seat will still be functional. I am wanting to get the 13 point cage so if anyone has pics of one installed I would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to see any pics of the 8 or 10 point cage also. Thanks

James

Wow they have a 13 pt cage now?

I weill tell you the back seat is functional, so is the rear door entry. Their side door bars do extend up in to the front door opening area about the same as the side bolsters on the seat bottoms.

pictures later today on my other post.

Would you consider it enough to allow a decent roll over with protection for all passengers w/ the roof removed. I am mainly concerned for it being all around protection. I will fab up some tubular doors. I just don't have the time to build a full cage. I would LOVE some pics.

JamesD said:
Would you consider it enough to allow a decent roll over with protection for all passengers w/ the roof removed. I am mainly concerned for it being all around protection. I will fab up some tubular doors. I just don't have the time to build a full cage. I would LOVE some pics.

I dont liek the front down tubes... They have a 3 angle change and hard at that, bend in them. Its nice it goes around the dash, but not cool that it sacrifices strength to do so. Other then that, and the fact you will need Alot of triangulation added in, as well as Alot of frame work (or lack of, so you will need to build one around what the XJ is now) you should expect some Good ole fashion fabing with thier kit.

i have it at my friends shop in pieces and its not bad for the price i am going to be posting pics on robertks post following his install EVENTUALLy... yeah right! i am going to be adding a lot to it... mocking it up though still presented a lot of work that needs to be done... oh yeah it is not notched except for like 2 or 3 tubes... it will be a fun install though

Back