• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 150$ Jeep

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
Well I bought it swapped in the interior,gauge cluster, replaced TRE's, Pioneer Head unit. I then collected parts for a lift. ZJ V8 Coils, coil isolators and RE 2.5" Full AAL's. Picked up 31x10.5 "wide climbers" on what I think are Crager white spoke rims for free.

Couple of cosmetic things aswell..

1989 Jeep Pioneer.

Here she is.
n543443367_845851_6397.jpg

What'd those mirrors come off of? Looks like a nice fit - will they fold flat to the side?

the wheels look like some i got off of an ole ford ranger. (guy said they was stock, idk) the mirrors look like the ones on my bros 90 bronco 2

The mirrors do fold flat but were extras just laying around. The Spoke wheels came off a RamCharger I had sent to the crusher.
Too Bad I didn't take the axles.

Two Ram chargers and $350 for both of them in weight.

OverTheHillsATTW said:
...Had the G.F sit it in while I took pictures.

Looks like a colorful tie-dye shirt.

Is she a hippie?
240.gif
:D

==

YELLAHEEP said:
What'd those mirrors come off of? Looks like a nice fit - will they fold flat to the side?

A closer shot would be nice but from what I can see from here they look like 1980's Ford Ranger mirrors.

I'll be just coming back from NJ so I'm thinking about stopping by for a day or two. :D

img0009jw1.jpg

img0002dc3.jpg

img0006cp3.jpg

Last edited:
you've got me beat by $50.00, I got mine for $200.00, but since I run an Auto Parts store, I was able to return the parts the PO's friend thought it needed for $150.00 of that and buy the H2O pump and thermostat it really needed. Total out of pocket was under $100.00 when I drove it home that night!! The lift and tires were not on it then, but also came my way free in exchange for an hour of time getting another XJ started after an engine rebuild......

With everything in it in the past year and a half, I've got under $500.00 tied up in parts and an insurance check from someone else's parking lot mistake for $1300.00 in the bank-- I think I'm doing pretty good with it so far.....

015.jpg

Wow I like that white one. You can't go wrong with the cheap cherokee's. Easy to work on and hell of alota fun. Well then you start putting money into it to go wheeling and then breaking some more. Has to be nice to work for an auto parts store. It gets expensive. The floor and rockers have been replaced. My TPS,CPS,IAC,DIST.,cap, rotor, wires, plugs, water pump, coolant bottle, Tstat, and Rear main have been replaced. I love the way it runs. I'd like to collect some parts like a 258 crank and cam. Port out my HO head and swap the intake TB and such from my 91. I have 5 cherokee's at the house. :p

Ehall that has to be a nice ride even tho it's a beater. Have any pictures?

Oh I also forgot the lift parts. Pulled the Coils from a v8 ZJ and stacked a coil ISO. The rear is a full length AAL from RE 2.5" from a guy on here for 80$ total shipped. The front sits alot higher then expected. People will say it will only give you about an 1" or a little more. The rear almost looks like a sag but other times it doesn't. I think I might Throw MJ shackles on to get a nice stance on a budget. The leaf packs were brand new but the front stock coils after I dropped the axle were cracked on the bottoms which is why the lift happened. :p

Back