• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Wheeling Pics

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So myself and 2 buddies decided to hit up the NJ Pine Barrens one Sunday (2/3). We got our rigs together, got some food, and headed out. Nothing crazy challenging, but just a long day of fun trail rides in the middle of nowhere:

250619217_L2rkQ-L.jpg

250619527_i9cKc-L.jpg

250596505_wgTkj-L.jpg

250597262_6gLWP-L.jpg

250598197_YAwNg-L.jpg

250608080_XGLB6-L.jpg

250610216_BSTCj-L.jpg

250612402_56dhf-L.jpg

250613332_y8iMT-L.jpg

When I ran out of oil lol & when Tom's Jeep caught fire:
250613611_a5UK8-L.jpg

Extinguishing the fire:
250613750_pMCyN-L.jpg

After effects of the fire:
250614756_n7KF4-L.jpg

250615715_yN6H3-L.jpg

250617133_uCrRq-L.jpg

250617707_DibuD-L.jpg

250618945_oUfAX-L.jpg

Sunset_on_a_Day_of_Fun_by_GhostDakota.jpg

No one got stuck.. that was a first! I ran out of oil when we were in the middle of nowhere - 20 miles West, 15 miles North, 20 miles East and 30 miles South to the closest paved road! Tom's Jeep caught fire a few times (holes in floor caught carpet on fire!), and Jon was having issues with his brakes, which are now resolved. All of us had CB radio's which overwhelming helped us out. It's something I ALWAYS recommend, especially when there's no cell phone service in a majority of that area.

I'll post more from the other 3 or 4 camera's when I get home late tonight or tomorrow.

ah amn that was fun we gotta do it again soon. unfortunatley the drive is gonna be about 600 miles for me as of wednesday...:( im sad but happy to be leaving

Dang.. whats with the mirrors hanging down? And was the fire from the exaust heating up and eating through the floor and carpet? My dad's 89 did that... Or someone drop a cigg?

I'll bet money its from grass/hay/mud getting inbetween cat and floor!

How do you run out of oil. Didn't you check your rig over pre-run ?? :twak:

the fire was from the holes in the floor melting the carpet and it started smoldering. my jeep escaped unscathed until an adjuster fell off the drivers drum and the other was covered in gear oil from my new found bad axle seal

Interesting tailights on the green 2 door...where are those from?

Yah Jon, that's going to suck. We gotta plan ahead at least for another Pines trip then. Give you some time to come down here for a weekend or what not.

The mirrors on my XJ kept getting knocked off and finally broke the plastic mounts for 'em. I finally just took the mirrors off so they aren't dangling.

That is correct, I did not check my oil that morning as I was supposed to. We got on the road 30 mins late and made Jon & Tom wait around for a while heh. I am putting together a supply box for future trips that will include ATF, oil, etc. I already have a tune up kit in there with air & fuel filters, plugs, wires, gear oil, brake fluid, tools, etc.

The tail lights on my XJ are European Spec XJ tail lights. I like being unique, but not ugly Altezza tail light unique ;-)

97: You can buy it as a poster too. Just let me know. Thanks.

ehall said:
Are those the ones from Crown? Where did you order them?

Yes, they are from Crown. I purchased 'em direct since I work for Quadratec.

question about the fire: was a flomaster involved?

Commando: 'cause we spent most the time wheeling and not snapping photos :p I keep forgetting to get the other photos from the girls who were with us taking photos. They are on MySpace/Facebook and those are blocked here at work :)

Tom has a stocker muffler he got from Walker. One of those big'n's.

Back