• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sneak Peak, XJ Low Profile Roof Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcroffroad said:
Been there, done that, Lost lost of $$$ in lost packages and overcharges. DHL sucks. You've been warned!:flame:

Any other options...or better intro price...

I am alll over the rack, but at an ounce over $400 shipped...its pricey.

Throw the NAXJA member a bone JCR!

Just a suggestion. If you want three mounts per side then offer that as an option. Throw in the rear lights and give each purchaser the option of reliable UPS or the less reliable DHL or even the cheaper Greydog. They take the risk and you provide tracking numbers and optional insurance for the lesser two shipping methods. BTW very nice rack, not much room for a cooler and tent but still very nicely built.

mikeforte said:
give each purchaser the option of reliable UPS or the less reliable DHL or even the cheaper Greydog. They take the risk and you provide tracking numbers and optional insurance for the lesser two shipping methods.

Unfortunatly All shipping companies require all the settlements for lost or damaged packages to be handled by the shipper. In fact as a receiver, they will not discuss settlements with you.

jcroffroad said:
Unfortunatly All shipping companies require all the settlements for lost or damaged packages to be handled by the shipper. In fact as a receiver, they will not discuss settlements with you.

So how about an intro deal...like $350 shipped...I am very interested!

jcroffroad said:

If the rack is as tough as it's supposed to be, there shouldn't be any damage issues. My rack came all the way from arizona on greyhound wrapped in some basic shrink wrap and was just fine.

I think if it flexed and hit the roof that would still be better than all the racks I see that are sky high. What would it hurt if a heavy load made it touch the roof? Thumbs up!

tcm glx said:
So how about an intro deal...like $350 shipped...I am very interested!

I would seriously concider it for that!!

Come on JCR...Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy....$350 shipped intro price!

91Woody said:
...It also looks like the lights are very close to the roof - not such a bad thing, but again, load up the rack and they need to be aimed again. (it actually looks like the center lights are making contact)

What is the measurement between the light tabs and the roof?

I'm just wondering if KC Daylighters would fit because it looks like those Hellas are a tight fit...

tcm glx said:
Come on JCR...Group Buy Group Buy Group Buy....$350 shipped intro price!

$350 shipped and I'll buy one right now.

I just bought a 2000 XJ, and am looking around for racks as I start to build it, and really like the look of the Olympic Top Hat Rack being low pro, for me, since I don't have a sun roof, I'd like to see a rack that covers most of the roof, the 4 tabs in front for 6" lights, 2 facing backwards, options for side rails, 3 to 4 drip rail mounts per side...something I can install and "forget" about....

I also like the idea of a "wind deflector" with cut outs for lights, options for deleting the tire mount... granted all these options would cut down your ability to mass produce....

just saying....

DansGreyMj said:
if you had a model to fit an mj id buy it

what too good to throw the stuff in your bed? HAHAHA just giving ya hell man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back