• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, seriously guys...

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
is $350 a good deal for:
Both axles from a 1976 Ford F-150

Front HP D44 with disks, manual lockouts, driver drop diff
Rear Ford 9" (31 spline shafts) matching front width

5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

i can buy both for $350 or the front for $195
Both are complete hub to hub (or drum to drum)
with 3.50 gears...

i am finalizing the deal, but want some opinions of others - im not made out of cash and these will probably sit around for a little bit till i can find the rest of the $$$ to work them into the jeep. is this a good deal - or should i wait and look around some more?

thanks
-Ranger

I'd say that's pretty good considering that's pretty much what I'm gonna wind up paying for just a front HP44...

nhrocker said:
Sounds like a good deal to me!

Do I see a big write up for your site in the future? :paperwork

distant future

$350.00 thats for the axle's
then theres gears, lockers, alloy shafts, hi-steer knuckles, brackets for the 4 link, discs for the rear, bearings, diff covers..... ugggh
::kicks jeep tire:: stupid money pit...

Lawn Cher' said:
Get the radius arms with the D44 and voila! Instant longarms.
im a short arm man...

woooo hooo! but ill want to weld some stuff on there - a bud with a Toy 8 crushed his ring gear pretty bad learing the hard way about the housing weak spot...

bought em... thanks guys...

just get or make one of those 9" pinion skids that was shown in mod tech

XJ_ranger said:
bought em... thanks guys...
Just to make this perfectly clear, I really think you should note take and photograph every step of your process, even mistakes. This is a perfect opportunity for the XJ tech section.... Keep us posted!

Beej said:
Just to make this perfectly clear, I really think you should note take and photograph every step of your process, even mistakes. This is a perfect opportunity for the XJ tech section.... Keep us posted!

yup thats the plan - mistakes and all

it will be quite a while till i can pay for the rest of the stuff though...

though there will be pics up on saturday after i pick them up friday...

Back