• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! Whys!!!!!!!!!

That MJ was so badass! So your selling the MJ then huh? What all did your axles even have in it? How many miles are on that MJ?

Why in the world would you wanna shorten it?!
all good tho. at least the xj is getting nice parts.

Have you ever wheeled something with a wheelbase thats a foot longer then an xj? With only 4.5" of lift and 35s it has such a bad breakover angle that it high centers and drags the belly of the truck on everything. I think that truck with another 1-1.5" of lift and a wheelbase around 103-105", and an auto trans would be a whole different beast.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!! Whys!!!!!!!!!

That MJ was so badass! So your selling the MJ then huh? What all did your axles even have in it? How many miles are on that MJ?

They are '79 f150 axles with 5.13s. The truck itself is sold and gone to its new home already.

Seth looks good!

Thanks Corey! Ill swing by once the rear end is under it.

I have. I think being around 5.5" or a little bigger tire would help but 110"+ is just soooooo nice. I agree the stick sucks no doubt.

I have. I think being around 5.5" or a little bigger tire would help but 110"+ is just soooooo nice. I agree the stick sucks no doubt.

The stick was fun around town but even with the 5.13s it wasnt geared low enough to not be a huge headache to do any kind of hard wheeling with...especially after having all auto cherokees, the manual was a huge hindrance to me personally.

Small XJ update: I bought a RAD Designs aw4 baja shifter and switch kit from Code 4x4 last week. Its sitting in my living room waiting for the axle swap to get done then i can find time to install the shifter and wire it up.
8464270920_6b7c2d5dac_b.jpg

In the next couple days my antiwrap perches,plates, u bolts, and shock mounts i ordered from ruffstuff should be showing up. And I just put in an order to T and J performance tonight for a pair of deaver 5.5" coil springs (that i have wanted for a long time!!!) and their front upper shock mount conversion kit.

Does the rad take place of the hole for the e brake?

You can mount it wherever you want, it's just a handful of wires that make it work...the brackets it came with are meant for it to bolt over the e-brake handle on a 96 and down center console. I have a late model console in my jeep so I'll be making my own brackets when I decide where to mount it.

Seth you jack wagon, I have a complete RADesigns setup sitting in my garage I would've sold you for a good price.

Yeah man, i tried really hard to like it. Being a 2 seater, a 5 speed, and a 113" wheelbase, theres just too much Id have to change to like it. If i still had a shop i would have ditched the bed, shortened the wheelbase in the back by 9-10", and done an aw4 swap.

Its easier only having one vehicle to modify, maintain, emission test, insure, and just keep going in general. And the Cherokee is the one i like almost everything about better, and now that its on its way to having a badass drivetrain im really gonna love it even more!!

So has the Mj found a home yet? ill give you a lump sum of cash at end of summer

So has the Mj found a home yet? ill give you a lump sum of cash at end of summer

Yeah....... sorta. Seth decided to part it out..... and I ended up buying all the parts.

Essentially, it's been stripped of the awesome axles and some stock ones with 3:55's will be under it. Seth will be keeping the winch as well.

I'm taking the bumpers, sliders, spare tire bracket, Hurst shifter & stereo for my MJ, and the D300/twin stick set up for my buggy.

If I can find a 231 with SYE to put under it and the OEM t-case shift linkage or Novak shifter....... I may put it back on the road as a solid MJ with a NICE lift kit, sway discos, flares and 33's.... for sale to someone who'd wanna play with it. After all, it IS a '91 and still a pretty solid truck. I don't wanna part it out completely and have to scrap it.

Yeah....... sorta. Seth decided to part it out..... and I ended up buying all the parts.

Essentially, it's been stripped of the awesome axles and some stock ones with 3:55's will be under it. Seth will be keeping the winch as well.

I'm taking the bumpers, sliders, spare tire bracket, Hurst shifter & stereo for my MJ, and the D300/twin stick set up for my buggy.

If I can find a 231 with SYE to put under it and the OEM t-case shift linkage or Novak shifter....... I may put it back on the road as a solid MJ with a NICE lift kit, sway discos, flares and 33's.... for sale to someone who'd wanna play with it. After all, it IS a '91 and still a pretty solid truck. I don't wanna part it out completely and have to scrap it.

kool if you end up putting in back on the road or just want to sell what you dont use pm me

Troy, you need more stuff to work on like you need a hole in your head. Your not ever done with your axle swap yet and you are off to the races with more.

Troy, you need more stuff to work on like you need a hole in your head. Your not ever done with your axle swap yet and you are off to the races with more.

Troy has a sickness !

Truth.

I need a new tool-bitch. Kiefer all growed up and got a job and shit.

:laugh:

Got a call from t and j yesterday and it wasn't good lol, the jeepspeed coils and shock conversion are about a month out on backorder :(

My girlfriend took my jeep yesterday to get emissision tested, it passed the emission part, but apparently the dicks that stole my lic. plates also stole my gas cap...so my jeep failed!!! I had to get a new gas cap last night and she went back and passed it today :) one step closer being roadworthy again...now if my parts would just start showing up!

crappy luck with vendors strikes again...i ordered my axle swap kit (perches, pads, u bolts, shock mounts) from ruffstuff last wednesday and for some reason it didnt get shipped out till today. A week and a half just to process an order, thats crap, i guess my rear axle isnt getting swapped this weekend!

Back