• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Article V - Membership
Section 1: General
The Corporation seeks and exists to serve responsible XJ/MJ owners and enthusiasts who want to participate in XJ/MJ related events, and/or XJ/MJ owners who are looking for technical help/support in the troubleshooting, care, daily maintenance, repair, restoration or modification of their vehicles.

Section 3: Membership Qualifications
In order to be eligible for Membership an individual shall satisfy the following requirements:
Shall be not less than 18 years of age;
Shall own or shall have regular use of an XJ or MJ vehicle.

Article V - Membership
Section 1: General
The Corporation seeks and exists to serve responsible XJ/MJ owners and enthusiasts who want to participate in XJ/MJ related events, and/or XJ/MJ owners who are looking for technical help/support in the troubleshooting, care, daily maintenance, repair, restoration or modification of their vehicles.

Section 3: Membership Qualifications
In order to be eligible for Membership an individual shall satisfy the following requirements:
Shall be not less than 18 years of age;
Shall own or shall have regular use of an XJ or MJ vehicle.

Guess I should have read that section before posting......... oh well, I still feel the same! This site should STAY XJ/MJ ONLY!!

My take is that all XJ/MJ enthusiasts who own or have regular use of (i.e. friends, family, wheeling buddies, former owners) an XJ or MJ are welcome. I have not seen a problem with this yet. Hell, what do we consider an XJ or an MJ? Some of the XJuggies and Truggies are getting to the point where they aren't really recognizable as an XJ or MJ and may not even be majority XJ/MJ by weight. Are we going to kick their owners out? I don't see a reason to.

For that matter what would you guys do if someone took a Ranger, SAS'd it with an XJ d30, put a 4.0/AX15/NP231J in it, and an MJ 44 out back? That's more MJ parts than some MJ owners have left on theirs, are they allowed now? I'm not even sure where I stand on this one, for what it's worth.

All this has been hashed and rehashed in a couple of threads in the members forum... personally I see no problem with how it is now.

Jaguar has an XJ. Would that count?

I can't recall during any of the arguements/discussions where anyone was suggesting anyone be kicked out or refused membership because of the vehicle they own. The majority of objection (at least my own objection) is that a non-XJ,MJ was allowed to enter a member feature contest. And worse, that the popular rationale for allowing it was because the owner was a good guy who does alot...... not because of his rig.

The intention/purpose of the contest was to feature and award members of an XJ/MJ club for their rig.

I have no problem with anyone being a member (doesn't sound like many members do either for that matter), but it seems an insult to allow things to deviate away from the club's focus.

I also have a problem with the attitudes behind those that supported the recent ROTM fiasco who justified their vote because they wanted to shake things up or intentially cause waves.

Want open, general, random 4x4 fellowship? Go to that sort of website.

Wanna be a member here? Great. Just don't go forcing your junk on the rest of us. :thumbup:

I can't recall during any of the arguements/discussions where anyone was suggesting anyone be kicked out or refused membership because of the vehicle they own. The majority of objection (at least my own objection) is that a non-XJ,MJ was allowed to enter a member feature contest. And worse, that the popular rationale for allowing it was because the owner was a good guy who does alot...... not because of his rig.

The intention/purpose of the contest was to feature and award members of an XJ/MJ club for their rig.

I have no problem with anyone being a member (doesn't sound like many members do either for that matter), but it seems an insult to allow things to deviate away from the club's focus.

I also have a problem with the attitudes behind those that supported the recent ROTM fiasco who justified their vote because they wanted to shake things up or intentially cause waves.

Wanna be a member here? Great. Just don't go forcing your junk on the rest of us. :thumbup:

Well said.Unfortunately most of this will fall on deaf ears.

I agree. I just don't take rig of the month all that seriously, heck I thought it was an unofficial thing, not even part of the bylaws or anything else, just for fun. Thus my somewhat irreverent take on it :thumbup:

Today, my boss sent me to the power plant in Boulder.

I feel...dirty.

Yes, well said Troy! I feel the same for the most part. This is something that if allowed to happen will just open the door for future watering down of this club!

New toy. More info to come.....
2011-09-0295182655.jpg

Sure is a nice truck Justin! Find a few ways to increase fuel milage. Like an intake. Possibly a bully dog. My co-worker sold his 2000 because he couldn't afford the fuel any more. I think he said he was getting about 18 mpgs IIRC with a bully dog and an intake. Let us know how ya like the truck! I like that body style a lot more then the 99/2000. Oh and forgot to ask what the odometer reads?

Sure is a nice truck Justin! Find a few ways to increase fuel milage. Like an intake. Possibly a bully dog. My co-worker sold his 2000 because he couldn't afford the fuel any more. I think he said he was getting about 18 mpgs IIRC with a bully dog and an intake. Let us know how ya like the truck! I like that body style a lot more then the 99/2000. Oh and forgot to ask what the odometer reads?

youre buddy got 18mpg in a full size v8 gas burner pickup?
how is that bad?
hell i only get low 20's out of my 1 ton cummins and im pretty sure thats amazing good mileage....for a 7k+ lb truck

Back