• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross Enterprises Rear Shock Bar

Here's what I have so far:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2392944640100725016MBeTrx

I will be sleeving the framerails tomorrow morning and getting it finally mounted up there, but it's been up there a few times already so I know it fits nice and tight. It only drops the mounting points by a little more then an inch and it moves them in by a couple inches...
that is a nice looking set up how much did it cost to build.

Not much.. most of it was scrap steel I had laying around. I'm sure you could probably buy all of it for pretty cheap at a scrap dealer or something...

The main cross bar is 1.5"x3" 0.125 wall tube (approx 34" was what I used and cut down).
The frame U plates are 3"x6" 0.1875" wall tube cut down to 7" wide.
The outer strap around the shock is 1.5"x0.25" thick strap (approx 12" long per strap).
The bolt holes in the main crossmember are sleeved...

Here's what I have so far:

I will be sleeving the framerails tomorrow morning and getting it finally mounted up there, but it's been up there a few times already so I know it fits nice and tight. It only drops the mounting points by a little more then an inch and it moves them in by a couple inches...

Looks really nice man. Good work. Please keep us in the loop with some mounted up pics.

Not much.. most of it was scrap steel I had laying around. I'm sure you could probably buy all of it for pretty cheap at a scrap dealer or something...

The main cross bar is 1.5"x3" 0.125 wall tube (approx 34" was what I used and cut down).
The frame U plates are 3"x6" 0.1875" wall tube cut down to 7" wide.
The outer strap around the shock is 1.5"x0.25" thick strap (approx 12" long per strap).
The bolt holes in the main crossmember are sleeved...
did you bend the bar or just use some pieces to get the unit tucked up like that

I cut wedges out of the main crossbar and then bent it and welded it back together.

I just finished sleeving my framerails today. I decided to only do two sleeves per side instead of three like I planned... simply cause 2 is much easier and 3 is a bit overkill, especially since I am also using the bumpstop bolts. Total of 4 bolts per side holding it up.

I cut wedges out of the main crossbar and then bent it and welded it back together.

I just finished sleeving my framerails today. I decided to only do two sleeves per side instead of three like I planned... simply cause 2 is much easier and 3 is a bit overkill, especially since I am also using the bumpstop bolts. Total of 4 bolts per side holding it up.
i cant see why it would not hold up with the amount of bolts holding it on.

oh and to bad you are up north. and not in the usa or you could make and ship them. it would cost to much to ship from where you are :shiver:

Wow, that looks really nice ert01. Are you still working on something ERock62?

Looking forward to seeing installed pics. Great work.

I'll try to get some for you... but it may be a while. It's bolted in place right now but I need shocks. The shock in the earlier pic is just a temp shown for mock-up purposes. I will hopefully be running Fox 2.0's (remote res.) but I have to buy em first :)

If you were gonna spend the money on somthing like that, Id say screw that and the shocks thruogh the floor. To do it your self is about 100 bucks, depending on what type of material you use.

I didn't want my shocks going through the floor since my Jeep is a daily driver and it sees a lot of highway miles. If I cut the floor, that's a lot of noise that would piss me off on the road. You also run into the issue of how to seal the floor back up... I drive in a lot of snow and rain here and I don't want that crap seeping into my cargo area and rotting my floor out.

Am I happy with what I built? Yes.
Is it ideal for everyone? Heck no.

yeah i dont want the shocks through the floor either. that way i can sleap back there and still have storage for my tools and gunk

Any updates guys?

I have been running my crossbar setup with some stock JK shocks for the past little while to see how I like it... First opinion is that I definately need stiffer shocks then the JK ones in the rear. I had hoped that since they were stiffer then our factory shocks that it'd give me an idea where to start with length/valving for when I order my shocks... and the length is good but I need them to be stiffer. But at least it gives me an idea where to start... I will be buying my shocks in the next week or so and I'll try to remember to post an update after I install them and play with setting them up.

Back