• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C wont blow.

mxracer5647

NAXJA Forum User
the a/c wont blow in my 2000 xj heat wont work either. the defrosters still work but not the rest of the a/c doesn't do anything

thanks for the help!

On earlier XJs when you only get the defrosters it is vacuum related.

Can't quite tell from your question what your problem is... Heater isn't hot? A/C isn't cold? Blower isn't blowing? Vent selector will only let you select the defrost vents? Blower only blows when the vent selector is on defrost? There are various components that all work together to make the system work so you'll probably get a better response if you're a little more specific about what the actual problem is.

Hey guys, I know this is an older post but I am having a very similar issue... 89 XJ: Ac blows cold out of defrost vents only, no matter what vent setting i have it on. Heat is not hot whatsoever either. I think the heater issue may be the Heater control valve but not sure. Any thoughts? I am completely ignorant of ac vent/vacuum or heater issues... so any help would be great. Thanks!

The most common problem is a break in the hard vacuum line that runs to the vacuum bottle behind the front bumper on the passenger side. Normally it breaks roughly under the battery.

u gotta trace the vacuum lines from the fire wall to the vac canister behind the bumper and over to the intake manifold. defrost is the default setting when theres no vacuum to the switch in the dash

Yes, and you may have other issues you aren't aware of yet.

Your 89, if equipped with the part-time only NP231--2wd/4hi/N/4lo--transfer case there is (unless it was changed out) a D30 CAD vacuum actuated front axle. No vacuum or not enough vacuum, no 4x4.

Post up what you got.

Back