• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get power for CB

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
I have to finish wiring my CB radio by 4pm this afternoon before I go to Naxja's NWFest and I have no idea where to run the power leads to. Thanks in advanced.

-Nick

Your best bet would be a dedicated line (fused) off of your battery. Other possible's are the extra slots in your fuse box labeled "ign" & "acc" for ignition and accessory, or you could tap the 12 cig plug.

Anything but straight off the battery will hurt your cb's performance and you will have a chance of picking up alternator whine.

Your best bet would be a dedicated line (fused) off of your battery. Other possible's are the extra slots in your fuse box labeled "ign" & "acc" for ignition and accessory, or you could tap the 12 cig plug.

Anything but straight off the battery will hurt your cb's performance and you will have a chance of picking up alternator whine.
Okay ill just power it to the batt. What amp fuse should I use?

On mine i robbed the wiring for the cigarette ighter since it didn't work anyways and I don't smoke. I have an inline fuse on the positive side.

I mounted mine between my visors so I ended up using the power to the dome light since it was right there too. I dont have a dome light so it was an easy choice.

I just through the positive straight into a fuse slot that was open and grounded the negative to the chassis. Not a good fix but it worked for the weekend.

Back