• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-wrap block?

bdiamond

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried searching and haven't really came up with an answer to my questions. I have built a bastard pack out of a Dodge van length main leaf with Dakota leaves added to it. I am happy with the existing leaf arrangement. I would like it to sit about 3/4" higher. I already have RE 1.5" boomerang shackles. My question is, does anyone see a problem cutting the Dodge van overload spring into basically a lift block?My second question is, would it be a benefit to cut it long? I was looking at the anti-wrap perches and thought a long block/spacer would have the same effect. Or would it benefit me to just throw the full length overload in it. Its about 24" long and flat as a pancake.

I would give it a shot, I would cut the back portion off and leave the front part to help control axle wrap.

Back