• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Burnt wiring

Houghton

NAXJA Forum User
Burnt up wiring behind my glove box. It started at the relay that sits behind the glove box and went 2 directions. It controls my blower. Anyone know how difficult it is to run a new bundle of wires. I haven't followed the extent of how far and how many wires are burt but about 5 going toward the blower controls. The only thing I've lost that I can tell is my blower and my rear defrost won't go off.

It's not hard to run new wires. What gets difficult (although still doable) is when the fuse boxes start to melt. If you are rewiring, you may want to go the extra step and add in aftermarket relays to take the load off the switch. Take a close look around the fuses. In a perfect (or even good) world, a fuse would have blown before the wires melted. Check if you have cheepo fuses and replace with Buss or other good brand. The dollar store fuses cost me a bunch once when my wire melted. The fuse had only half melted but still made contact letting wires melt.

Back