• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid electrical problem, need some direction

hughmungas

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 XJ. Turn the key on and the gas gauge and the voltmeter don't move. The starter cranks fine but it won't start. All the lights, radio and things on both the hot always and ignition switched circuits work. I cannot get a ODB II test , I get the not linked error on it.

Note: I have had other electrical issues over the last 6 months... replaced the TPS, replaced the starter because it died a slow death from having oil dripped all over it thanks to jiffy lube. The cruise control stopped working, the airbag light came on and won't extringuish. I found the fuse for the rear windshield wiper blown, but all the other fuses are good. THese all have happened approximately 1 month apart so I am not sure that all of these symptoms are related.

I am guessing it is a short somewhere but would like the narrow down the search as to where it is probably coming from. Also, I am wondering whether my ECU may be going bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back