• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Idle

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
All of a sudden after driving for a while when I stop and shift into park the idle jumps up to around 1100 from about 900. If i turn it off and restart It is fine anyone ever have this issue...:confused:

Should probably be in OEM tech, but ...

... Pull the IAC and clean the end. Solved mine but yours may be something else. It's a place to start and a potentially free fix. I was getting a good bit of blow-back (got oil on your air filter?) for a while, and that gunked up the IAC.

you can also try tightening the manifold bolts. I had a problem like that and went through cleaning then replacing the IAC then to the TPS until a buddy of mine said to see if the bolts were loose and they were.

My vote would be dirty IAC, as you mentioned it idles down after a restart. While intake/exhaust (manifold) bolts are a very common issue, once the engine warms up, the high idle normally continues even after a restart due to thermal expansion.

This thread may help as well.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=934216&highlight=intake

Hope this helps,
Kent

Prob went away and then came back worse then it was. Cleaned the IAC works fine no prob yet:clap:. Thanks for the help everyone

Back