• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlocks..Advice

SPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity to pick up some new in the box 15 x8 beadlocks, CHEAP!
The issue is I don't really know much about running them. So here are the things I've heard about them.... hard to balance...don't hold air well, not good for daily driver (although my XJ is only driven to the trail head and on the trail, sits during the week). I know the ability to drop to very low air pressure with out issue. I guess what I want to know is do I jump in or continue to run my Moab’s?

Thanks...Your thoughts and information are greatly appreciated.

run them... they will be alot better than the moabs.

most of the beadlocks that dont hold air are either dented all to hell or are weld ons.

but keep in mind you will have to get new tires, as you are switching from 16s to 15s.

and if you are worried about them being balenced then you dont need to rock crawl anymore... when i ran moabs i was knocking wheel weights off right and left. so i stopped carring about being balenced.

you could always run airsoft bb's

Beside the Moabs I have a set of 5 American Racing wheels that are 15" and I was going back and forth 16's or 15's. So I'm ready fo tires so no issue there. I plan on 15" BFG Mud KM2 33's.

nice tire. thats what i run on my tj. the beadlocks just add extra comfort when wheeling. plus those km2's at about 6psi are AWESOME!

15 inch.Trail Ready beadlocks and have never had any problems with them on three sets of tires and shes a trailer queen,( no leaking between trips etc.) I have always run 2000 soft pellets per tire.....SANTA

I picked up my 15x8 4.25 backspacing from Allied today. Can't wait to put them on Saturday.

keep in mind that beadlocks are not DOT legal, but with the many beadlock looking wheels out there now you will prolly never have a problem!

That is not true. some states have laws about not being able to run 2 piece wheels, but there is no specific mention of beadlocks and if they are designed as beadlocks from the factory, such as the allieds there is no reason why they cannot be run on the street.

not sure on that but I've never had any issues with lift. it's the tire coverage and things that they get you on with a lift! besides this thread is about beadlocks, not lifts!

the point was, a part doesnt need to be DOT approved to be legal and the reference to lifts was an example of that.

Back