• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 drum to disc

Ernie, I used two KJ cables, part no. 52128510AG. They're a little long, but you can loop them to make them work.

modified KJ e brake cables for me as well. i used the set of both of the cables (pass and drivers side) as they were both about the same length. very minor differences. works well for me

reused stock brake cables just cut down the spring and folded the cable around the e-brake lever on the caliper.

i used stock cables from an older xj that where longer then my current ones worked good. and i think when i went to auto zone they had a parts book with some that where different sizes and lengths. but it could have been napa. sorry it was a while ago and i don't really remember witch it was

I cut the parking leaver end off of the drum brakes, and welded it to the end of the zj parking leaver. The stock cable went on with no problems and it works great.

reused stock brake cables just cut down the spring and folded the cable around the e-brake lever on the caliper.

x2
Had it on & running for nine months with no problems so far except bending the cable... make sure not to lose your grip on it while bent - it will wreck hell on your knuckles.

E-brake cables for a 1996 Ford Explorer.

NAPA number UP 95064
Pass side
78 1/8" long cable, 69 5/8" housing length

Napa number UP 95427
Driver side
42 1/ 8" long cable, 31 3/16" housing length

793957.jpg

Good info.

Back