• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes around 65 mph and vibes. Action needed?

Hubbazoot

NAXJA Forum User
The slip yoke doesn't appear to be too far extended, only about a 1/2" beyond where it was at stock height, but I'm getting vibes around 65mph that get louder as speed increases. I know there's a million of these types of threads, but I want to hear what everyone has to say.

How about some details? What year? How much lift? Check pinion angle? Drop transfer case? I'm sure you'll get some good advise if we know what you've done..... Al

The slip yoke doesn't appear to be too far extended, only about a 1/2" beyond where it was at stock height, but I'm getting vibes around 65mph that get louder as speed increases. I know there's a million of these types of threads, but I want to hear what everyone has to say.

wow, every jeep must be different. an 87 with a 5speed should be able to handle a 3" lift without issues. im at 4.5" on my 89 with 5spd with no vibs by using shims, 3" leeaves, and shackles.

is this a newly installed lift? new springs, budget boost????
how old are the driveshaft ujoints?
did you get an alignment and tire balance.

This is a link to a very information article that might help you understand how this stuff works a little better:

http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/pinionangle/

Another:

http://www.4xshaft.com/driveline101.html

Both links should answer some of your questions.

Do you have a SYE and/or a transfer-case drop kit?

Scott

I have an SYE sitting in the back of my XJ. I was hoping I could avoid putting it on.

wow, every jeep must be different. an 87 with a 5speed should be able to handle a 3" lift without issues. im at 4.5" on my 89 with 5spd with no vibs by using shims, 3" leeaves, and shackles.

is this a newly installed lift? new springs, budget boost????
how old are the driveshaft ujoints?
did you get an alignment and tire balance.

I don't have any shims in mine, may be the issue. I have some BP leaves, but the rest is RC's 3.5" lift kit: full shocks and coils, lca's, and an adj. track bar.

I have an SYE sitting in the back of my XJ. I was hoping I could avoid putting it on.

I don't have any shims in mine, may be the issue. I have some BP leaves, but the rest is RC's 3.5" lift kit: full shocks and coils, lca's, and an adj. track bar.

are you sure the vibs are coming from the rear? have you checked the rear driveshaft ujoints? have you pulled the front shaft and gone for a ride?

what are, BP leaves?

are you sure the vibs are coming from the rear? have you checked the rear driveshaft ujoints? have you pulled the front shaft and gone for a ride?

what are, BP leaves?
Vibes went away, I took the heep out and flexed the back a bit, which apparently made the leaves settle down. No more vibes now.

Back