• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid aftermarket cupholders

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
don't know if it's technically modified tech but I bought the cup holders from quadratec thinking all my problems were solved, put it in and not only could I not engage my e-brake more than half way but it doesn't hold anything but a Dixie cup.
so....

anyone have this problem and mount it somewhere more effective? I was thinking about cutting the bottom off to hold bigger mugs but can't think of a clever way to mount it anywhere

TIA

doug

I had the same problem, quite a few years ago. That cupholder is somewhere in the garage, unused.

mine holds most cups just fine. I usually just get the big drink from the drivethrough since the base necks down on those.

there is a thread around here where someone drilled two large holes through their center console to hold drinks. Just get some marine cupholder inserts or the ones for a poker table and be done I guess.

i have the cupholder that mounts on the side of the shifter and everytime someone puts a drink in there or bumps it with there leg it falls. drives me nuts...

I have a manual so putting the cupholders near the front of the center console is no good especially with the lowered TC

I just came upon a bunch of old parts for the XJ and found the cupholder in it, figured I'd give it another shot

I have been searching around for a cup holder. I was just about to buy the one that mounts above the parking brake. Not sure what to get now.

Get a 97+ console and swap.

Get a wife. She holds my drinks for me whenever we're in the Jeep. :D

Look up jimmydaux on here. He sells one that attaches to the door, like the door pockets on a lot of newer vehicles.

Just get one of these
801516.jpg

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-141737/Detail

Get a wife. She holds my drinks for me whenever we're in the Jeep. :D

Look up jimmydaux on here. He sells one that attaches to the door, like the door pockets on a lot of newer vehicles.

wife can't stand the smell of gear oil in the jeep and I can't foot 65 bucks for a cup holder....might look into the swap of a 97

Adjust your e-brake so it engages within the first inch of lever pull. That way you still get e-brake funcrion within the limited space the change/chaw can holder allows for. It is only moderately functional as a cup holder, but it holds a can of beer/soda and most of the reduced base coffee mugs.

i agree those cup holders are POS
here's what i did for my 96 xj, its works really well. only thing is i cant find these cup holders anywhere ( it came in my 93 xj)
IMG_0926.jpg

the worst part is that for a baby shower my wife was given a cupholder that mounts on a stroller that would have gone perfect on the door but she donated it to good will before I could snag it

i agree those cup holders are POS
here's what i did for my 96 xj, its works really well. only thing is i cant find these cup holders anywhere ( it came in my 93 xj)
IMG_0926.jpg

Advance use to sell them. I picked up a couple of the for like 50 cents on clearance. But I couldnt tell you were they are now.

i have the cupholder that mounts on the side of the shifter and everytime someone puts a drink in there or bumps it with there leg it falls. drives me nuts...

Put a couple of dry wall screws through the top & one through the foot & it won't come off. JIM.

Back